iHeartDogs is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
The best dog bathtubs for Staffordshire Bull Terriers will make bath time easier for you and your dog! Not only do dog tubs keep furry ones safely contained, but they also keep your showers and bathtubs clean of dog dirt. Or if you bathe your dog outdoors, you’ll find a tub keeps mud and debris from joining the fun. And if you choose an elevated dog bathtub, your back and knees will feel the sweet relief of never kneeling or squatting for bathing again! That alone is a gift in itself.
Our list of dog bathtubs for Staffordshire Bull Terriers offers you a range of styles, and among them, you’ll surely find the one that’s best for your furry one. But before we get to the list, let’s look at common questions about tubs for dogs and check out the factors to consider when shopping.
FAQs About Dog Bathtubs for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Is it ok to bathe my Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the bathtub?
Yes, bathing your dog in the tub is just fine as long as you ensure the bathtub is large enough and take the necessary precautions to keep your dog safe and comfortable. Keep in mind some pups don’t like a tub or may be too large for a comfortable fit.
If your pup loves to be scrubbed in a tub, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Use a non-slip mat on the bottom of the tub to prevent your dog from slipping.
- Use lukewarm water and a gentle, dog-specific shampoo that doesn’t dry their skin or irritate their eyes.
- Never spray water directly in your dog’s face or ears. This can lead to ear infections. Instead, use a washcloth to clean these sensitive areas carefully.
- Keep baths relatively short, and be sure you rinse all the soap from your dog’s coat.
Why use a separate bathtub for bathing my Staffordshire Bull Terrier?
Using a separate bathtub for bathing your dog is a good idea for a few reasons. First, it can help keep your bathtub or shower clean and free from dirt, debris, or hair your Staffordshire Bull Terrier might leave behind. This makes it easier to keep your hygiene space clean and sanitary. Second, using a separate tub designed for bathing dogs can help prevent your pup from falling on the slick surface of a bathtub or shower.
Lastly, having a dedicated dog grooming bathtub can also make the process more efficient and enjoyable for both you and your dog. You can keep all your dog’s grooming supplies in one place, and your dog will learn to associate the space with bath time, making them more comfortable and relaxed during the process.
How do you bathe a dog without putting them in the tub?
Here are three alternative methods for bathing your dog in a bathtub:
- Kitchen sink – If you have a small dog, the kitchen sink can be a great place to wash them. Line the sink with a non-slip mat or towel to prevent your dog from slipping.
- Hose and outdoor area – For larger dogs that don’t fit into tubs, take them outside and hose them down! Depending on your dog’s size and disposition, you may have to use extra caution and keep your dog leashed during bathing.
- Self-serve dog wash – Many cities and neighborhoods have self-serve dog wash facilities where you can bathe your dog in a designated area. These facilities often have towels and hair dryers to dry your dog afterward.
How do I choose the right size dog bathtub for my Staffordshire Bull Terrier?
When choosing a dog bathtub, your dog’s weight and size are key factors to keep in mind. Other things to consider include how much room you have to store the tub and how often you bathe your dog.
How do I get my Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the bathtub?
Some Staffordshire Bull Terriers aren’t thrilled about bathtime, creating quite the challenge for both of you. But with some time and patience, you and you’re pup will be enjoying the rewards of a good bath! To help you achieve success, here are some tips to get your dog in the bathtub:
- Train your dog to get into the tub with treats – Start by using treats and praise to encourage them into the tub. Let your dog smell the tub, then place treats in the tub. Once they get in the tub to eat the treats, continue to praise them and slowly move on to adding water, and so forth.
- Use a leash – If your dog is larger or more resistant to bathing, you may need a leash to guide them into the tub. Use gentle encouragement and treats to coax them towards the tub.
- Use a ramp or step stool – Depending on the tub size, a ramp or step stool might make it easier for your dog to climb in. This may be particularly useful for senior dogs, dogs with mobility issues, or small dogs.
- Use positive reinforcement – No matter if your dog loves bath time or needs more encouragement, positive reinforcement is always the way! Be sure to praise your pup and offer rewards such as treats and affection to reassure your dog.
- Try a shower – Some dogs don’t like standing in water and may prefer a shower. Use handheld sprayers that attach to your shower or outdoor hose to give your pup a less immersive bathing experience.
Features To Consider When Buying The Best Dog Bathtubs for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Consider the material of the tub. A sturdy and durable material like polypropylene is ideal. Tubs made from molded plastics will also do well as either material will last and can easily be cleaned and dried after bath time. Also, be sure the tub has a non-slip surface.
Choose a tub size based on your dog’s measurements and weight. Ensure your choice is big enough for your dog to move and lay down comfortably.
Make sure the tub you choose has a drain for easy water removal. Larger bathtubs will often come with drainage hoses to direct the water flow.
If you’ll need to transport the dog bathtub or store it when not in use, choose options that are lightweight and easy to fold down or disassemble.
Opt for a bathtub with adjustable legs that will make it easier and more comfortable for you to wash your Staffordshire Bull Terrier. No stooping or kneeling during doggy bath time for you!
Related: 10 Best Dog Gates
The 8 Best Dog Bathtubs for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
#1 – Furesh Elevated Folding Dog Bath Tub
The Furesh Elevated Folding Dog Bath Tub lets you bathe your dog indoors in the tub but at a way more comfortable level. It fits inside your tub or shower and saves your back and knees with its 35-inch height. When the bathing is done, drain the tub quickly with the attached stretchable drain hose and then easily fold it away after drying it. Allows you 360-degree access and can be used indoors or out.
- Folds and unfolds with one hand
- Two side pockets for easy access to soaps
- Great tub for small and medium dogs
- Three color choices
- Lightweight and easy to store
#2 – Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Collapsible
Give your dog a thorough clean and some splash time with the Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool Collapsible! And with this collapsible dog bathtub, you’ll find the unpacking and unfolding a breeze. And when the bath is done, pull the drain stopper, and away the water goes. Once the tub is dry, pack it up with ease. And while this dog bathtub for large and small dogs is made from three layers of tough PVC with a non-slip lining, the manufacturer advises you trim your dog’s nails before using this bathing pool for dogs.
- Easy to set up and put away
- No slip design keeps pups on their paws
- Easy to fold
- Puncture resistant
- Can be used with kids too
- Doesn’t need inflating
- Long dog nails may puncture
#3 – Flying Pig™ Pet Dog Cat Portable Bath Tub
Not just a cute name, the Flying Pig™ Pet Dog Cat Portable Bath Tub is a solid option for bathing medium and small dogs! This dog grooming bathtub keeps you from bending and squatting and stands solid on stainless steel legs. Built-in levelers keep it steady. And the plastic basin measures up to heavy use, outside or in the house. This best dog bathtub also allows 360-degree access when bathing. Available in three colors and comes out of the box in one piece.
- Steady and durable
- Saves your back and knees
- Easy to clean
- Highly recommended by dog parents
- Large and hard to store
#4 – ddLUCK Multi-Functional Collapsible Pet Bathtub
Made in a clever collapsible design that makes storage a snap, the ddLUCK Multi-Functional Collapsible Pet Bathtub is a smart solution for bathing puppies and small dogs. A great dog bathtub for the home or on the go, travelers, campers, and RV owners swear by this multi-functional tub. When not used for bathing, store your pup’s stuff inside and put on the lid. Available in two colors.
- Space-saving design
- Comes with a lid
- Can be used for storage too
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Not for medium to large dogs
#5 – Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Center
No matter your fur baby’s size, the Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Center can handle dogs small to large! Because it stands on 19-inch-high legs that elevate the tub, you won’t have to bend over to bathe your furry one anymore. The included 3-point safety harness and collar keep your dog secure and in place, while the included spray nozzle controls water pressure and direction. And the drainage hose allows you to direct water runoff. Assembly is a minor affair with only two pieces that quickly snap together. To store, snap off the legs and store inside the tub. Available in 3 sizes.
- Ideal large dog bathtub
- Quick snap legs for setup and dismantling
- Can be stored outdoors
- Made in the USA
- Hard to store
#6 – K&H PET PRODUCTS Dog Pool & Pet Bath
Also available at Petco
The K&H PET PRODUCTS Dog Pool & Pet Bath is an excellent bathtub for senior dogs because the low sides are easy to step over, and there’s plenty of room to get comfy for a good soak. This pool-type tub is good for small dogs thanks to the low sides and shallower depth allowance. But wait, the largest dogs will love it, too, because they’ll finally have a tub they can fit in! Made of durable, non-slip vinyl held firm on a metal frame, this tough pool tub is a win for all dogs. For outdoor use only.
- Great outdoor bathtub for all dogs
- Extra tough vinyl stands up to frisky dogs
- Metal frame makes a sturdy setup
- Includes a patch kit
- Easy to store
- Optional canopy available for hot, sunny days
- Can only be used outdoors
#7 – SHELANDY 40″ Pet Bathtub
A dog grooming bathtub for home use or mobile groomers, the SHELANDY 40″ Pet Bathtub is made of scratch-proof and slip-resistant PVC polymer with a solid bottom so dogs can easily stand. And because this tub has a frame that dissembles and a soft tub, it collapses down flat and reassembles in less than ten minutes. It has a grooming arm and restraint leash for safety and a weight capacity of 150 lbs.
- Ideal for mobile groomers
- Scratch-proof and slip-resistant
- Great for sore backs and knees
- Highly recommended by users
- Does fold down, but you have to loosen bolts first
#8 – Beberoad Pets Collapsible Pet Bath Tub
The Beberoad Pets Collapsible Pet Bath Tub makes giving small dogs and puppies a bath much easier. It keeps them safely contained and can be used indoors or out. And because the tub’s frame is height adjustable, you can choose whether to use it at a height of 8.3 inches or 13 inches. The drain hole in the bottom easily unplugs when bath time is done. Then you can fold it down flat and store it away. Made from soft but durable PP+TPE material, your dog won’t slip when standing in water.
- Durable and environmentally friendly
- No tools needed for assembly
- Expensive for size
- Not for medium or large dogs
The best dog bathtubs for Staffordshire Bull Terriers help you get the bathing job done with less hassle. And if you choose an elevated model or a style that’s safe enough for countertop use, you’ll never have to bend over or squat to bathe your dog again. With any of the options from our list of favs, you and your pup will find bath time to be good, clean fun!
Dog Product Reviews
- Best Dog Foods
- Best Fresh Dog Foods
- Best Raw Dog Foods
- Best Online Dog Training Classes
- Best Fish Oil for Dogs
- Best Multivitamins for Dogs
- Best Invisible E-Fences for Dogs
- Best Grooming Tools for Dogs
- Best Beds for Senior Dogs
- Best Dog Toys
- Best GPS & Tracking Collars
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best No-Pull Dog Harnesses
- Best Pet Safe Weed Killers