Is your dog taking any of the following NSAIDS (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)?
- carprofen (Novox or Rimadyl)
- firocoxib (Previcox)
- deracoxib (Deramaxx)
- meloxicam (Metacam )
If your answer is yes, your veterinarian will likely recommend S-Adenosyl Methionine (SAM-e) to help maintain proper liver function. SAM-e protects the liver from damage caused by regular use of NSAIDS and supports cell regeneration and helps counteract canine cognitive dysfunction.
In addition to liver support, studies have also shown it’s ability to help alleviate the symptoms of joint pain. This can be especially synergistic as many people are already giving their dog an NSAID for the purpose of treating joint pain & inflammation.
SAM-e does not required a prescription and can be purchase online. When choosing a SAM-e supplement, always look for:
- MADE IN THE USA in FDA, USDA and FSIS regulated manufacturing facilities for safety and purity.
- VITAMINS: A supplement should also include amino acids, B Vitamins, B6 and Zinc.
- HIGH ABSORPTION RATE: Our special enteric coating allows the tablets to survive through the stomach and be properly absorbed in the small intestine.
Project Paws SAM-e Advanced is recommended to help maintain proper liver health and brain function in dogs. Like all Project Paws products, its covered by the Project Paws Promise: if you’re not completely satisfied within 90 days, we’ll refund your purchase no matter how much you’ve used.
- PetMD: “What Can SAM-e Do for Dogs?”
- VCA Veterinary Hospitals: “What is SAMe?”
- PetCoach: “S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe): An Aid to Managing Liver Disease in Dogs and Cats”
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional.
Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we'll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!