If you have a heart for animals in any way shape or form, the reason for this petition is going to absolutely break your heart. It will be clear very quickly why we need your signature and support. You can skip below at any time to sign your support.
We at iHeartDogs.com urgently need your voice and your signature to help shut down a truly heart breaking and horrific event that takes place every June in Yulin, China. Yulin is a small province in southeast China with approximately 6.7 million residents that is known for their yearly "Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival". This barbaric "festival" is exactly what it sounds like - a horrific mass slaughter of dogs and cats in order to create a "unique culinary experience". This brutal "festival" involves what some call "savouring" the delicacies of dog and cat meat. It is driven by the belief that animals who die during the cooking process produce the most tender meat and as a result many animals are cooked alive or tortured. In order to fill the demand for meat, animals are commonly abducted from homes and shelters. There are even dog meat farms that have sprung up in years of late to supply food just for this event.
Some estimate 10,000 - 50,000 dogs and cats will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten in 2016.
Despite all these things, change is definitely at hand as a new generation of Chinese animal lovers increasingly view dogs as companions. The majority of the Chinese people are appalled at what happens at Yulin, and so together with their voice and ours we can make a difference. The sad reality is that The Yulin Dog Meat Festival will continue to take place every year unless we unite and speak out. It is up to us to come together as one voice to let the Chinese and local Yulin government know that the global community is shouting loudly "STOP YULIN" forever!
It is with compassion and strong determination we will send this letter - with your signature - to the Chinese Ambassador of the U.S. Ambassador Cui Tiankai and the Governor of Yulin GuangXi Province China Mr. Chen Wu.
Dear Ambassador Cui Tiankai and Governor Mr. Chen Wu,
We strongly and respectfully urge the Chinese government to end the suffering of the thousands dogs killed annually at the Yulin Festival. It is with great respect for the Chinese people and Chinese culture that we speak out, but are horrified to see the brutality to animals that is a core part of the Yulin Festival. We firmly believe it is our responsibility as a collective humanity to stand together and protect all animals from any kind of abuse whatsoever.
Beyond permanently ending the Yulin Meat Festival, we are also asking the Chinese government to organize and pass legislation that would indefinitely ban the slaughter of dogs and cats in China and create a punishable offense for anyone who is guilty of harsh treatment, confinement, transport, slaughter, neglect - or any form of animal abuse.
Please join us by signing below and standing up to "STOP YULIN!" We need you.The global community needs you. The dogs need you.
We plan on sending our first letter no later than June 1st and then continuing to send updated letters detailing the outcry of support and signatures as our support continues to grow. We will not stop until we get justice for all of these animals.
Sign Now & Make Your Voice Count!
Signed Monday, December 11th 13:13 pm
- stop this barbaric, inhumane practice now
Signed Saturday, December 09th 10:51 am
- To be beaten and skinned alive before being consumed. The wickedness is beyond my comprehension. I say then to the people that eat this meat that they themselves are consuming terror.
Deborah Ann Cook
Signed Saturday, December 09th 03:18 am
- Please stop this horrendous act of cruelty! Stop and think and please give this serious consideration!
Signed Friday, December 08th 21:08 pm
- Let’s make a difference
Signed Friday, December 08th 15:20 pm
- Please, PLEASE stop this cruelty!
Signed Friday, December 08th 01:21 am
- I never thought humans could truly be this cruel as to showcase their meal before it's about to be slaughtered just because "it tastes good", yet I am proved wrong and wrong again. We can all thrive off of plants, grains, fruits, etc for nutrients. So why do we continue to harm other living creatures due to a ludicrous belief of it being a tradition(in China's case eating dogs and cats that most people view as family, not food). My point is, stop killing innocent creatures that truly have the most kindhearted living souls on earth as which most people would agree upon. After all, we are the true monsters of this world while the rest of the animals just sit and watch us terrorize this beautiful planet we call home.
julia elizabeth beals
Signed Friday, December 08th 01:11 am
- DOGS ARE FRIENDS NOT FOOD
Coby Logan Everhart
Signed Friday, December 08th 01:10 am
- Stop this
Taylor Elizabeth Embrey
Signed Thursday, December 07th 19:29 pm
- I want to end the inhuman Yukon dog meat festival
Adam Marcus Denton
Signed Thursday, December 07th 16:14 pm
- YULIN needs to end!