If you have a heart for animals in any way shape or form, the reason for this petition is going to absolutely break your heart. It will be clear very quickly why we need your signature and support. You can skip below at any time to sign your support.
We at iHeartDogs.com urgently need your voice and your signature to help shut down a truly heart breaking and horrific event that takes place every June in Yulin, China. Yulin is a small province in southeast China with approximately 6.7 million residents that is known for their yearly "Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival". This barbaric "festival" is exactly what it sounds like - a horrific mass slaughter of dogs and cats in order to create a "unique culinary experience". This brutal "festival" involves what some call "savouring" the delicacies of dog and cat meat. It is driven by the belief that animals who die during the cooking process produce the most tender meat and as a result many animals are cooked alive or tortured. In order to fill the demand for meat, animals are commonly abducted from homes and shelters. There are even dog meat farms that have sprung up in years of late to supply food just for this event.
Some estimate 10,000 - 50,000 dogs and cats will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten in 2016.
Despite all these things, change is definitely at hand as a new generation of Chinese animal lovers increasingly view dogs as companions. The majority of the Chinese people are appalled at what happens at Yulin, and so together with their voice and ours we can make a difference. The sad reality is that The Yulin Dog Meat Festival will continue to take place every year unless we unite and speak out. It is up to us to come together as one voice to let the Chinese and local Yulin government know that the global community is shouting loudly "STOP YULIN" forever!
It is with compassion and strong determination we will send this letter - with your signature - to the Chinese Ambassador of the U.S. Ambassador Cui Tiankai and the Governor of Yulin GuangXi Province China Mr. Chen Wu.
Dear Ambassador Cui Tiankai and Governor Mr. Chen Wu,
We strongly and respectfully urge the Chinese government to end the suffering of the thousands dogs killed annually at the Yulin Festival. It is with great respect for the Chinese people and Chinese culture that we speak out, but are horrified to see the brutality to animals that is a core part of the Yulin Festival. We firmly believe it is our responsibility as a collective humanity to stand together and protect all animals from any kind of abuse whatsoever.
Beyond permanently ending the Yulin Meat Festival, we are also asking the Chinese government to organize and pass legislation that would indefinitely ban the slaughter of dogs and cats in China and create a punishable offense for anyone who is guilty of harsh treatment, confinement, transport, slaughter, neglect - or any form of animal abuse.
Please join us by signing below and standing up to "STOP YULIN!" We need you.The global community needs you. The dogs need you.
We plan on sending our first letter no later than June 1st and then continuing to send updated letters detailing the outcry of support and signatures as our support continues to grow. We will not stop until we get justice for all of these animals.
Sign Now & Make Your Voice Count!
Signed Tuesday, February 20th 19:11 pm
- This must be stopped!!!!!
Signed Tuesday, February 20th 19:01 pm
- Its an absolute horrendous joke and I don't think this this should be a thing. I love animals especially dogs so hearing this almost made me cry .So special companies should fly out to China kill the people and take the dogs to good care ,give food and water,and get given checkups and taken to vets so we people should try stop this and help,donate to the special charities or whatever and stop this horrendous event if not dogs will end in China and other countries . we need to try stop this and share these petitions so as many people as possible can get involved.
akeem ralton Williams
Signed Tuesday, February 20th 15:34 pm
- we need to end this trade. dogs are valuable and its said dog is mans best friend, not our enemy. this trade must be stopped at all costs!
Samantha Clarissa Ruiz
Signed Monday, February 19th 19:14 pm
- We need to save dogs not end them.
Danica Imon Serfontein
Signed Monday, February 19th 17:45 pm
- They’re not objects made for consumption. Their lives are just as valuable as ours.
Stephanie Cristine Santos Silva
Signed Monday, February 19th 17:04 pm
- Paremos já com essa maldade
amber michelle partl
Signed Monday, February 19th 08:52 am
- this is not right and needs to be stopped
Signed Monday, February 19th 04:38 am
- This horrific and barbaric atrocity must end. There is no excuse for it or those that participate in it.
Signed Sunday, February 18th 20:41 pm
- PLEASE STOP
Signed Sunday, February 18th 16:40 pm
- Dogs are family not food