If you have a heart for animals in any way shape or form, the reason for this petition is going to absolutely break your heart. It will be clear very quickly why we need your signature and support. You can skip below at any time to sign your support.
We at iHeartDogs.com urgently need your voice and your signature to help shut down a truly heart breaking and horrific event that takes place every June in Yulin, China. Yulin is a small province in southeast China with approximately 6.7 million residents that is known for their yearly "Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival". This barbaric "festival" is exactly what it sounds like - a horrific mass slaughter of dogs and cats in order to create a "unique culinary experience". This brutal "festival" involves what some call "savouring" the delicacies of dog and cat meat. It is driven by the belief that animals who die during the cooking process produce the most tender meat and as a result many animals are cooked alive or tortured. In order to fill the demand for meat, animals are commonly abducted from homes and shelters. There are even dog meat farms that have sprung up in years of late to supply food just for this event.
Some estimate 10,000 - 50,000 dogs and cats will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten in 2016.
Despite all these things, change is definitely at hand as a new generation of Chinese animal lovers increasingly view dogs as companions. The majority of the Chinese people are appalled at what happens at Yulin, and so together with their voice and ours we can make a difference. The sad reality is that The Yulin Dog Meat Festival will continue to take place every year unless we unite and speak out. It is up to us to come together as one voice to let the Chinese and local Yulin government know that the global community is shouting loudly "STOP YULIN" forever!
It is with compassion and strong determination we will send this letter - with your signature - to the Chinese Ambassador of the U.S. Ambassador Cui Tiankai and the Governor of Yulin GuangXi Province China Mr. Chen Wu.
Dear Ambassador Cui Tiankai and Governor Mr. Chen Wu,
We strongly and respectfully urge the Chinese government to end the suffering of the thousands dogs killed annually at the Yulin Festival. It is with great respect for the Chinese people and Chinese culture that we speak out, but are horrified to see the brutality to animals that is a core part of the Yulin Festival. We firmly believe it is our responsibility as a collective humanity to stand together and protect all animals from any kind of abuse whatsoever.
Beyond permanently ending the Yulin Meat Festival, we are also asking the Chinese government to organize and pass legislation that would indefinitely ban the slaughter of dogs and cats in China and create a punishable offense for anyone who is guilty of harsh treatment, confinement, transport, slaughter, neglect - or any form of animal abuse.
Please join us by signing below and standing up to "STOP YULIN!" We need you.The global community needs you. The dogs need you.
We plan on sending our first letter no later than June 1st and then continuing to send updated letters detailing the outcry of support and signatures as our support continues to grow. We will not stop until we get justice for all of these animals.
Sign Now & Make Your Voice Count!
Signed Wednesday, June 20th 00:54 am
- Please stop this disgusting festival.
Signed Wednesday, June 20th 00:19 am
- assine & compartilhe
Signed Wednesday, June 20th 00:17 am
- sign & share
Maria Lucia de Oliveira Abrahao
Signed Wednesday, June 20th 00:14 am
- ASSINE AQUI & DIVULGUE VOCE QUE DIZ AMAR OS ANIMAIS PRECISA SABER DISSO Em Yulin,- China cozinham cães&gatos vivos, e cheios de pavor, ainda vivos são escaldados vivos e mortos a porretadas. DIA 21/06 + 10 MIL INOCENTES são TORTURADOS LENTAMENTE APÓS UMA VIDA MISERÁVEL EM GRADES COMENDO LIXO
Signed Tuesday, June 19th 23:44 pm
- This is one problem of many in the shit hole China.
Signed Tuesday, June 19th 23:25 pm
- Stop Yulin Now!
Signed Tuesday, June 19th 23:24 pm
- Stop this immediately... there is no room for this cruelty!! Ever!!
Signed Tuesday, June 19th 23:00 pm
- This heartbreaking and barbaric treatment of man’s best friend needs to end forever! No one should be eating and abusing these beautiful animals. There are many other sources of food and dogs should NEVER be one of them!!!
Signed Tuesday, June 19th 20:55 pm
- These animals are companions and are so helpful to many people. They help the disable and help those with special needs by alerting them of their illness flares. They are feeling animals and should not be treated so inhumane. Please stop this torture.
Jeffery Todd Henderson
Signed Tuesday, June 19th 19:25 pm
- We need to take a long look in the mirror, and change.