Who has had kale chips as a snack for yourself? Did you know that this healthy snack can be shared with your dog? Kale has maximum nutrition for minimal calories. Kale is a proven cancer-risk cutter, abundant source of fiber, calcium, Vitamin A, E and C, helps prevent heart disease and contains numerous antioxidants.
This is a very simple recipe to make for your dog; in fact, why not join your dog and have some too!
- 1 bunch of kale leaves
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed oil
(Parents note: if you would like to have some too, simply add sea salt to your batch, no salt for your dogs)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Thoroughly wash and dry kale; if still wet, pat dry with a clean kitchen towel; transfer to a large bowl
- Drizzle oil over kale, using hands, gently massage into leaves
- Place leaves on a baking sheet, ensure not to overlap; may need to do a few batches
- Bake until most leaves are crisp, only 12 to 15 minutes, not burnt
- Let cool and serve
Have you baked kale chips before for your dog? What techniques do you use for baking? If you bake these, let us know how your dog enjoyed them.
Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we'll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!