Shelter Dog Meal Donation Count:

Learn More

Home Forums Health Questions

11 year old cocker coughing more frequently

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wlfranklin
      Participant

We’ve noticed are almost 11 year old cocker spaniel coughing almost like she’s trying to get a hairball out, just yesterday I noticed her eating some of her own feces in the yard. I wonder if the two are related or if there is something else going on causing her to cough /hack.

Ellen
      Participant

Could be a sign of heart problems. You should have your vet take blood for testing. Maybe an xray too.

Anonymous
        Inactive

A exam is in order. Older dogs heart valves deteriorate ( among other things like cardiomyopathy) and can cause fluid build up in the lungs which in turn causes a cough. This can often be treated successfully with medication. Another possibility are the usual…IE Kennel cough, or Collapsing Trachea ( more of a honking cough).
        I worked for a Veterinary Cardiologist and have seen many dogs with heart disease do well with meds. If your vet thinks it could be heart related, please
        see a board certified Veterinary Cardiologist. If this is too costly, ask about a payment plan.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No need to worry. I read article on healthozo.com where you can get all the answers. Its dog health based site where all the suggestion are mention, i suggest you to read all the article there and get all the answers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.