If you’re looking for a quality and effective CBD pet treat for your dog, we’ve got you covered.
Whether your dog suffers from anxiety, has joint pain or mobility issues, or has been suffering from seizures, there are CBD dog treats perfect for your four-legged friend. But, how do you know which CBD treats are going to be the ones that will give you a happier and healthier dog?
We’ve researched some of the best suppliers of dog CBD treats to bring you our top 11 picks that will support your dog in whatever they need.
(Consult your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD treats for the first time.)
Best CBD Treats for Dogs: Our Top 11 Picks
- Cannanine – Tastiest CBD Treats for Dogs
- Penelope’s Bloom – Best CBD Treats for Large Dogs with Anxiety
- HolistaPet CBD Dog Treats – Best Calming Treats for Dogs with Anxiety
- Honest Paws – Best CBD Dog Treat for Cognitive Support
- Fomo Bones – Best 100% Natural CBD Dog Treats
- CBDfx – Best for Dogs with Pain
- Zatural – Best Soft Chews
- Charlotte’s Web Calming Chews – Best CBD Dogs Treats for Seizures
- Koi CBD – Best for Dogs with Joint Pain
- CBD American Shaman – Best Treats for Seizures
- Extract Labs – Best CBD Dog Treats for Seizures
Best CBD Dog Treats: Who We Picked & Why
Here it is, dog owners—our favorite CBD dog treats for 2022. We have everything including soft chews, peanut butter flavored treats, treats to help with seizures, those to keep your dog relaxed, and more.
1. Cannanine Bacon Flavored CBD Soft Chews – Best Overall CBD Treat for Dogs
Your dog won’t be able to resist Cannanine’s Bacon Flavored CBD Soft Chews, which are packed with high-quality CBD oil made from hemp and contains zero THC, so your dog won’t feel any psychoactive effects. Your pup is sure to love the delicious bacon flavor, just like other dogs who’ve tried these chews. Most importantly, the 5mg of CBD per soft chew ensures your dog gets all the benefits of CBD in one tasty mouthful.
- Products are completely THC-free
- Made from organic and non-GMO ingredients
- Tested for purity and toxins, with results available publicly
- Risk-free money-back guarantee
- Every purchase donates 7 meals to shelter pets
- The brand has a limited number of CBD treats for dogs.
Why We Like Cannanine CBD Dog Treats
These delicious bacon treats contain a patented nano-sized microemulsion of hemp oil to enable maximum bioavailability and absorbability, This means your dog gets the maximum benefits of the CBD, which includes:
- Reducing pain
- Helping with anxiety
- Supporting cognitive function
- Helping with loss of appetite
The treats themselves are thoroughly tested to ensure there are no bacterias, heavy metals, yeast, mold, or other toxins that could potentially harm your pup. And, they’re completely human grade, ensuring only the best for your best friend.
Additionally, the chews, like the entire product line from Cannanine, are 100% THC-free, so pet parents don’t need to worry about their dog getting high. You only need 1 chew for every 30 pounds of body weight, so you’re getting pretty good value for money out of each jar.
2. Penelope’s Bloom – Best CBD Treats for Large Dogs with Anxiety
If you have a large dog, the Stress and Anxiety CBD Treats from Penelope’s Bloom are ideal for instilling a sense of calm in your anxious pet. With 20mg of CBD in each tasty treat, they are also suited to dogs who need a little bit extra to soothe them in times of stress.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Oven-baked in small batched to guarantee quality
- Suitable for dogs in all stages of life
- Third-party tested for safety and effectiveness
- Wide range of CBD pet treats to address different concerns
- Not easy to give to smaller dogs to get the dose right
Why We Like Penelope’s Bloom CBD Dog Treats
The treats from Penelope’s bloom are specially formulated for stress and anxiety, crafted to decompress your dog during stressful situations like fireworks, travel, trips to the vet, or thunderstorms. With additional active ingredients known to help reduce anxiety—like L-theanine, chamomile, valerian root, and passion flower—these CBD treats may also help:
- Keep your dog calm and balanced
- Maintain the signs and symptoms of daily stress
- Calm hyperactivity
- Soothe digestive issues that are elevated in stressful situations
- Regulate sleep cycle
All Penelope’s Bloom products are third-party lab-tested to ensure product safety, effectiveness, and potency of CBD, so you know that the treats are safe for your beloved pet. Plus, the sweet potato flavor will be hard for your dog to ignore.
Penelope’s Bloom has a wide range of tasty CBD treats, including those for smaller dogs, and CBD treats for heart and immunity, and for joint health and mobility.
3. HolistaPet CBD Dog Treats – Best Calming Treats for Dogs with Anxiety
If your dog is suffering from nervous or anxious behaviors, such as separation anxiety or fear of loud noises, the CBD calming treats from HolistaPet, are a great choice to maintain a calm energy in your anxious pet. Don’t worry, there is no THC, so your pet won’t get stoned, just enjoy the relaxing benefits of the holistic formula.
- 100% natural and organic ingredients
- Different options for different size dogs
- Third-party lab tested
- Extensive product line of CBD dog treats
- Subscribe and save
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Some CBD treats are on the expensive side compared to other brands
Why We Like Holistapet CBD Dog Treats
Nervous dogs will find quick calming relief with the CBD dog treats from Holistapet and there will be some very happy tails with the delightful green apple and peanut butter flavor. You’ll know you’re giving your dog the correct dose, as they have options for different sizes of dog.
The entire product line from Holistapet is completely free from THC and is cruelty-free—so pet parents can have peace of mind. They are also enhanced with chamomile and L-theanine to increase alpha ware generation to help reduce your dog’s anxiety.
You won’t have to worry about the treats causing stomach issues for your dog as they are made from the best plant-based superfood ingredients, as well as being free of no artificial colors or flavors, gluten-free, dairy-free, and GMO-free.
4. Honest Paws – Best CBD Dog Treats for Cognitive Support
If your dog is having behavioral issues related to anxiety, the Calm Soft Chews can help settle your four-legged friend’s news in as little as an hour. They may also help support healthy brain function, while your dog enjoys the poultry flavor.
- Made from organic ingredients with no artificial flavors
- Huge range of CBD treats
- Subscribe and save
- Third-party tested for safety
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- No treats specific to dog size, so it could be expensive for large dogs>
Why We Like Honest Paws CBD Dog Treats
These dog chews are packed full of ingredients to help improve your dog’s overall wellbeing, including:
- Organic full-spectrum hemp oil, which is free of GMO, soy, and other contaminants, as confirmed by third-party testing.
- L-Theanine, an amino acid that has been shown in studies to provide a calming effect in cats and dogs.
- Tryptophan, known to promote a better quality of sleep and easing of occasional anxiety.
- Calm terpenes, such as limonene and linalool, may have a calming effect, lift mood, and provide pain relief in dogs.
The calming soft chews have been third-party tested and are verified as safe and free of toxins, so you can give them to your furry best friend without any worries. The soft texture and natural poultry flavor will ensure that even the pickiest dog will enjoy these CBD treats.
There are CBD treats in the Honest Paws product range addressing a range of concerns, including mobility, calm, and immunity all in delicious flavors such as creamy coconut and turmeric.
5. FOMO Bones – Best 100% Natural CBD Dog Treats
FOMO Bones aims to do just what the name suggests, stop pet parents and their pets from feeling like they’re missing out when they’re apart. The CBD Soft Chews each contains 5mg of naturally-occurring CBD that will help your dog feel relaxed and calm when they are home alone.
- 100% natural ingredients
- NASC certified
- Lab-tested with results available
- Subscribe and save
- Money-back guarantee
- Only one line of CBD treats
Why We Like FOMO Bones CBD Dog Treats
The CBD dog treats from FOMO Bones were created so you and your furry friend can enjoy your time apart without worry. Aside from CBD, the bone-shaped chews have the added benefits of additional dog-safe ingredients, including tryptophan, chamomile, valerian root, and passion flower, which may boost levels of GABA, a feel-good chemical.
FOMO Bones take the health of your beloved pet very seriously by testing their CBD treats using a third-party lab, to determine their safety and potency. The test results are published online, so you can see for yourself that they are free from harmful microbes.
While FOMO Bones only has one CBD dog treat, they also have a CBD oil pet tincture, which makes it easy to give your dog or cat just the right dose of CBD.
6. CBDfx – Best for Dogs with Pain
CBDfx has a good range of CBD products for dogs, including treats that directly target stress and anxiety. They are made from human-grade ingredients and are soy-free, and vegan, so you know they will be kind to your pup’s tummy.
- Broad-spectrum CBD
- Soy-free and vegan
- Verified potency
- 60-day guarantee
- High CBD content makes getting the dosage for small dogs difficult
Why We Like CBDfx CBD Dog Treats
The relaxing effects of 15mg of broad-spectrum CBD per treat are enhanced by the calming extracts of valerian root, passion flower, and chamomile, as well as the mood-boosting L-tryptophan, and GABA. The natural sweet potato flavor will be irresistible to your furry friend.
All the CBD pet treats from CBDfx are third-party tested to ensure they are free of THC, solvents, pesticides, and other nasties that could be harmful to your dog.
Aside from CBD treats for stress and anxiety, the pet range from CBDfx features CBD treats for joint health and mobility, a calming and moisturizing pet CBD balm, and CBD oil tinctures available in delicious bacon and chicken flavors.
7. Zatural – Best Soft Chews
If you have a dog that prefers soft chews instead of crunchy treats, then Zatural have the perfect CBD option for you. These CBD chews are great for older dogs who prefer the soft texture and the meaty-flavor will get any pup’s tail wagging!
- No THC
- Organically-grown CBD
- No chemicals, toxins, or other harmful ingredients
- Only one flavor option
Why We Like Zatural CBD Dog Chews
The CBD soft chews by Zatural are great because the formula was invented by a veterinarian, so you know it’s good. It’s made with all natural ingredients and broad spectrum CBD, which can help reduce your pup’s pain, anxiety, stress, and more.
The CBD comes from organically-sourced hemp and the manufacturing process is conducted entirely in the U.S. in a GMP-compliant facility.
If you are trying Zatural soft chews for the first time but your pup isn’t happy with the flavor (or you aren’t happy with the results), you have a full 60 days to request a refund.
8. Charlotte’s Web Calming Chews – Best CBD Dogs Treats for Seizures
If you’re worried about your dog’s health and well-being, the Calming Chews from Charlotte’s web will help keep your pup calm and relaxed through a number of stressful situations, including traveling, hospitalization, or loud noises.
- Organic, broad-spectrum CBD
- Non-GMO and toxin-free
- Large CBD product line
- Quality tested over 20 times
- NASC certified
- Subscribe and save
- 60-day guarantee
- Small CBD dosage per treat is not ideal for large dogs
Why We Like Charlotte’s Web CBD Dog Treats
With 2.5mg of CBD in each of the soft chews, these calming dog treats have a delicious chicken flavor that will have your pet giving you a paw for more. The relaxing effects of the full-spectrum hemp extract are boosted with the all-natural valerian root, chamomile, and passionflower extract, which also have a calming effect.
Charlotte’s Web produces some of the safest treats on the market, quality testing their tasty soft chews over 20 times to ensure they are completely free from harsh chemicals or pesticides.
The CBD product line from Charlotte’s Web is extensive, with a range of dog treats and hemp extract drops designed for skin health and allergy support, hip and joint support, and even for senior dogs.
9. Koi CBD – Best for Dogs with Joint Pain
If peanut butter is your dog’s treat of choice, they will love the tasty green apple and peanut butter flavor CBD treats from Koi Pets. They are made from all organic ingredients with 5mg of CBD per treat to keep your dog calm and help ease joint pain.
- Support joint health
- Non-GMO organic ingredients
- Third-party tested
- Additional healthy ingredients including coconut oil and organic applesauce
- Full-spectrum hemp extract
- Subscribe and save
- Not as an extensive product range as some other brands
Why We Like Koi CBD Dog Treats
The full-spectrum hemp extract of these delicious dog treats ensures your pet is getting the full benefits of the CBD to support their overall wellness. The addition of L-theanine and chamomile boosts the calming effect, making for a happier and more relaxed pet.
The quality of their products is important to Koi Pets, with each batch of CD treats being tested multiple times to ensure they are the best they can be. The results of potency and purity tests by accredited third-party labs are publicly available, so you can see for yourself that the quality is there.
The pet range from Koi CBD has several options to support your dog’s health, including irresistible blueberry and sweet potato treats for immune support, and yummy pumpkin spice and cinnamon bones to ease aching joints.
10. CBD American Shaman – Best Dog Treats for Seizures
The Doggy Chews from CBD specialists American Shaman is perfect for supporting your dog’s mental and physical health. They come in three mouth-watering flavors, beef, turkey, and peanut butter, which will be irresistible to any pup.
- Minimal THC levels
- Full-spectrum CBD oil
- Contains several terpenes for an extra calming effect
- Multiple mouth-watering flavors
- Wide pet CBD range
- Subscribe and save
- No CBD treats relative to dog size
Why We Like CBD American Shaman Dog Treats
The delicious CBD dog treats contain a manageable 5mg CBD concentration per treat, making them perfect for dogs of any size. Designed to help your dog with a number of concerns, these CBD treats can help manage seizures, ease painful joints, and relieve your dog’s anxiety.
American Shaman also produces a CBD-infused kibble that can be mixed with your dog’s regular food. It’s made with real chicken, and full-spectrum hemp extract, to keep your dog in a calm and relaxed mood.
Advanced nanotechnology shrinks the CBD particles in the dog treats down for better absorption and bioavailability, to provide quick and effective relief to your pup.
11. Extract Labs – Best CBD Dog Treats for Seizures
The 100% natural dog treats from Extract Labs are made from healthy, certified organic ingredients. WIth 10mg of full-spectrum CBD oil per delicious biscuit, these treats can help your furry friend with stressful situations, joint problems, and issues with seizures.
- Certified organic ingredients
- Full-spectrum CBD oil
- No THC
- Lab results for each batch
- 10mg CBD concentration per treat makes CBD dosage difficult for small dogs
Why We Like Extract Labs CBD Dog Treats
The treats from Extract Labs don’t just do good for your dog. You’ll feel great knowing that every purchase of Fetch CBD dog treats helps fund research at CSU Veterinary School and Extract Labs donates 10% of proceeds to the study of CBD’s effects on canine cancer cells.
You’ll have no concerns giving these CBD treats to your dog, as you can see the certified lab results for each batch. The extensive results will show you the potency of active ingredients and the purity, showing that the treats are completely free of solvents and toxins, as well as absent of mold and bacteria.
How We Chose the Best CBD Treats for Dogs
We didn’t just choose any old brand of CBD products for our list—we look for high-quality.
Full or Broad Spectrum Hemp
The products on our list contained a broad or full-spectrum hemp extract. This means that the dog treat contains not only CBD but also other important cannabinoids, such as CBG (cannabigerol) and CBD (cannabichromene), which may help digestive issues and maintain healthy eyesight.
Broad spectrum CBD oil and treats contain many naturally-occurring compounds that benefit your pooch, but usually no THC.
Organic full-spectrum hemp or CBD oil will also contain terpenes, such as limonene and beta-pinene, which can help boost the medicinal effects of CBD.
There are two primary ways of extracting CBD oil from a plant, CO2 extraction and solvent extraction. We ensured that the CBD treats on our list used the CO2 extraction method. Solvent extraction, although cheaper, can result in the residue of solvents such as butane or propane, in the product, both of which are toxic to dogs.
In CO2 extraction, CBD oil is extracted from the hemp plant in a high-pressure CO2 chamber. This method of extraction creates oils with a higher concentration of CBD, without any of the toxins.
It was very important that all the CBD treats we chose had a certificate of analysis, which shows the type and amount of cannabinoids in the product. This protects your dog from potentially ingesting poor quality products, so when looking at the certificate of analysis, there are some things to look out for:
- The CBD content is the same as advertised.
- The CBD is really full-spectrum, as those that are made from CBD isolate will be missing the other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes.
- The treats contain no more than 0.03% THC, the psychoactive compound in hemp.
- That there are no contaminants in the treats, and those with organic ingredients were favored.
We chose brands that make their test results public, so you can dig in and see for yourself just how great these products are. Results are usually linked to from the product page online—easy to find and (fairly) easy to read.
Benefits of CBD Dog Treats
Hemp-derived products, like CBD, work with a dog’s endocannabinoid system, which helps to regulate several body systems. This may help your dog in a number of ways. The main reasons why pet owners choose to give their dog CBD oil or treats include to:
- Help calm anxious pets
- Relieve pain (especially joint pain in dogs)
- Help with seizures
- Calm allergy symptoms
- Avoid having to use prescription medications
Many also opt for CBD products because they are organic, non-GMO, don’t contain gluten, and are free from toxins.
CBD can work quickly in relieving your dog’s anxiety when given by mouth, typically taking between 5 to 20 minutes to work. The effects of CBD on anxiety are most effective when given over a period of time, so if your dog is often stressed, a daily CBD treat may be best.
Many dog owners find CBD to be effective to relieve anxiety due to separation, loud noises (e.g., fireworks), crowds, and strangers.
Whether your dog has arthritis, nerve pain, or another form of pain, CBD can ease your pet’s discomfort without the harmful side effects of pain medications. The naturally-occurring CBD binds to receptors in the brain and nervous system, altering the way your dog perceives pain.
Joint and Mobility Issues
The pain medications usually prescribed by a vet for joint problems can have a number of side effects, including kidney and liver damage. Mobility soft chews and treats with CBD can have a similar anti-inflammatory effect on the joints but without the same risk of side effects.
A study by Colorado State University showed that in 89% of dogs with epilepsy that received CBD their seizures were significantly reduced. This demonstrates that CBD may be a viable option in treating seizures in dogs, but without the side effects of certain antiepileptic medications.
Allergies in dogs are difficult to treat, and skin conditions can be really distressing for our furry friends. CBD treats can help relieve itchy, dry, and irritated skin, as well as stimulate the growth of new healthy skin cells.
Side Effects of Giving Your Dog CBD Treats
While the research on the side effects of CBD on dogs is still in its infancy, there are some potential side effects based on how CBD has been shown to affect humans, These include:
- Dry mouth, which may lead to poor dental health.
- Lethargy and drowsiness, which could indicate a too large dose.
- Low blood pressure, which may cause a temporary feeling of light-headedness in your dog.
- Upset stomach, diarrhea, and vomiting, especially if your dog is new to CBD.
- Overactive appetite.
- In rarer cases, increased seizures and impaired mental functioning.
Giving Your Dog CBD Treats for the First Time
Here are some handy hints if you’re starting your pets on CBD treats for the first time:
- Read the package carefully, and stick to recommended daily doses.
- Speak to your veterinarian to see if CBD dog treats are a good option for your dog’s health.
- Wait for 30 days before adjusting the dose as you see necessary.
- Look for a flavor your dog loves, such as peanut butter.
- If you have a picky dog who doesn’t take treats, consider adding a CBD oil or tincture to your dog’s food.
- Give CBD treats daily for your dog to receive the full benefits.
- Try different types of CBD products to see what works for your pet (e.g., if your dog doesn’t like CBD oil, try calming soft chews).
- Make sure you follow directions and give the right CBD dosage for your dog’s weight.
What is CBD?
CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol, is an active ingredient derived from the hemp plant, but it doesn’t contain THC, the psychoactive ingredient of marijuana. CBD products have many health benefits for both pets and pet owners, making them a popular choice for those looking for a natural remedy.
Do CBD dog treats work?
While there is limited scientific evidence on the effects of CBD on dogs, there is the suggestion from owners and human studies, that CBD oil CBD dog treats provide many health benefits and can:
- Help ease pain
- Control seizures
- Improve mobility
- Help keep an anxious pet calm
- Support the immune system
How many CBD treats can I give my dog?
That all depends on the size of your dog. Typically the dosage rule is between 1 and 5mg of CBD for every 10 pounds of body weight. So, if your dog weighs 20 pounds and each treat has 5mg, the correct dose would be 2 treats per day, or every 8 hours if needed.
|Low Dose||Medium Dose||Strong Dose|
|For each 10lb of bodyweight||1mg||3mg||5m|
How long does it take for CBD dog treats to work?
It takes around 30 to 45 minutes for CBD treats to start working, which is slightly slower than CBD oil, as there are more ingredients for fluffy tummies to break down in treats.
This may vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- If your dog ate the treat on a full stomach or not
- How large your dog is
- How much CBD you gave them
- How often you give them CBD treats
- How severe their health issues are
How long do CBD treats for dogs last?
The effects of CBD treats typically last between 4-8 hours. We know that’s quite a window, but the length of effects tends to vary depending on your dog’s size, breed, activity level, and the severity of their symptoms.
Note that you shouldn’t just keep giving your dog CBD if you think the treats have worn out. Giving too high of a dose (and too regularly) can lead to adverse side effects.
Can dogs overdose on CBD treats?
As CBD does not react with brainstem receptors and doesn’t cause respiratory depression, dogs won’t overdose from CBD treats in the traditional way. However, if you give your dog too many CBD treats, they may experience adverse effects, such as an upset stomach or lethargy. The good news is, your dog is likely to sleep off these effects.
What other CBD pet treats are there?
CBD dog treats and cat treats are the most common CBD pet treats you can find on the market today, although there are CBD oils that can be used on other pets too, such as rabbits, hamsters, and even snakes.
Additionally, if treats aren’t working out, there are other CBD pet products you can try, including CBD oils and creams. For dogs, soft chews are usually the most popular choice, although they won’t work for everyone.
It’s important to consult with your veterinarian if you’re giving your pet CBD products for the first time to ensure it’s safe for your pet.