If you’re thinking about adopting the sort of dog who will be happy to soak up every ounce of love and attention you have to give, you’re in the right place! These are the breeds that love to snuggle! Of course, all breeds can be cuddlers, including mixed breeds, but this list is for dogs that, across the board, really love it.
Remember, adoption is always the best option. All of these breeds are available at local shelters and rescues.
1. Skye Terrier—This compact canine isn’t the typical terrier type. Give this dog his daily walk and he will be content to curl up on the couch. As long as his human is close, the Skye Terrier is a happy non-camper.
2. Tibetan Spaniel—Bred for companionship, the Tibetan Spaniel needs a daily leg stretch (as all dogs do) before they reclaim their place on the sofa, next to a warm body of course.
3. Newfoundland—Weighing in between 150-175 pounds, the Newfoundland is an incredibly easy breed to keep happy. After a walk they’re content to stretch out on a Lazy-boy next to their human. However, they may wonder why the human isn’t so keen to share the furniture with them.
4. Basset Hound—These droopy eared canines are just as enjoyable to watch romp as they are to snuggle with. Bassets are likely to share a companion’s taste in movies, music and snacks provided they get first dibs on the snacks.
5. Whippet—Swifter than lions, the whippets feet may skim the ground as they fly around a dog park, working off the long night’s sleep. By the time they get home, it’s time for a long siesta, and some good old fashioned snuggle time.
6. Great Dane—Don’t let the size fool you, Great Danes are incredibly laid back and content to bask in the warmth of the sun, next to the person they love most. Snacks are optional, but should be considered. Daily walks are encouraged, to rev up the appetite.
7. Havanese—Cheerful, loyal, happy, gentle are a few of the adjectives used to describe the Havanese. They are considered playful, a rousing game of fetch in the living room, a daily walk and hours of cuddles, this dog would continue to be cheerful and happy.
8. Chinese Crested—Whether it is decided to live with the “powder puff” or the “hairless” variety, the Chinese Crested breed is considered charming and friendly. Use the couch time to knit a sweater for the hairless one it may need a little extra warmth on those chilly morning walks.
9. English Mastiff—Belly scratches. English Mastiffs love a good belly scratch, while stretched out across the sofa, watching Dog TV. The dog may seem reluctant to go on his daily walk, that is only because the couch cushions are finally where he wants them.
10. Greyhound—Laid back and devoted, two words greyhound owners use to describe this breed. These racing dogs have earned their spots on the couch. With a daily walk about town, there is nothing better than circling a cushion three times and plopping down for a spell.
Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we'll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!