When you think of summer, do you think of the beach? Sand? Sun? It’s a great time to take a road trip with your dog, explore the great outdoors, or just relax inside and enjoy the simple pleasures of air conditioning.
We love summer, but when you’re picturing sandcastles and campfires, don’t forget that dangers are lurking out there that can harm your dog. Don’t obsess – but when you’re having fun, keep in mind that there are pests, plants, and other things that you should keep an eye out for. These things are real, and so are the consequences – and it’ll be your pup that’ll pay the price if you’re not taking precautions.
Whatever you do with your pup this season, make sure you’re prepared for common summer dangers that come along with this sensational season.
How’d you do? Do you need to brush up? Here are a few links with more information to help you out if you’d like to learn more – or maybe just improve your score!
- 11 Tips For A Stress-Free Dog On The 4th Of July
- Here’s What To Do When You See A Dog In A Hot Car
- Flea and Tick Season Has Arrived! Here’s How to Protect Your Pup
- How To Spot – And Treat – Heat Stroke In Your Dog
- Blue-Green Algae May Be Responsible For Liver Failure In Florida Dogs
- 5 Places To Check For Foxtail Grass On Your Dog
- Summer Brings Deadly Chagas Disease And Kissing Bugs: What You Need To Know
- The DOs And DON’Ts Of Protecting Your Dog From Snake Bites
- Dogs’ Paws CAN Get Burned On Hot Pavement. Here’s How To Prevent It From Happening
- Do Dogs Still Need the Rabies Vaccine?
- 4 Things You Should Know About Lepto
- Sago Palms Are Toxic To Dogs & May Be Lurking In Your Neighborhood
- Water Safety Tips For Your Dog: The Experts Weigh In
- Do You Know The Symptoms And Causes Of Dehydration In Your Dog?
- Fact or Fiction? Lifesaving Information About Heartworm And Your Dog