In 2014 we decided we needed to take action.
Looking at the landscape – shelters were over crowded, under funded and making major pleas for help. Amazing animals were being euthanized just to save space. It was horrible.
We knew we couldn’t make a difference alone and that we would need a group of Heroes to step up with us. A group of courageous, generous souls who would help us change the world for animals in need. In 2014 we launched iHeartDogs.com with the hope we could partner with these Heroes.
We had NO idea what would happen next…AND it blew our minds.
Our customers stepped up and became arguably the greatest Heroes for pets and people the world has EVER seen. Ever. The stats speak for themselves:
- 15,000,000+ (yes, 15 MILLION!) meals donated to shelters in need.
- 151,000+ toys donated to shelters in need.
- 181,000+ miles funded to transport animals from kill shelters and underfunded rescues to safe places they can find new families.
- $300,000+ donated to pair companion and service animals with Veterans suffering with PTSD.
- $50,000 donated for disaster relief.
And our Heroes do more every, single day. So to say our customers are our Heroes, is an understatement. They all deserve capes. 🙂
We are truly thankful for every single one of them.
-Marshall & Justin (Founders)
& The iHeartDogs Team