If you give your dog bottled water, you need to read this! Yesterday Niagara Spring bottled water issued a voluntary recall because of possible contamination of two of their Pennsylvania springs with E. Coli.
The company says, “Even if it (E. coli) had been present in the incoming spring water, we utilize quality systems and disinfection technology that would ensure that our product is free from contamination. Despite this, once we were informed of the potential presence of E. coli at the spring source, we immediately shut down our operations, disinfected our bottling lines and initiated a voluntary recall in an abundance of caution and in the interests of consumer safety.”
This recall only relates to spring water produced in the Pennsylvania manufacturing facilities from June 10-18th, 2015. It does not relate to any purified water or any spring water produced outside of Pennsylvania or outside the June 10-18th, 2015 time frame.
If you would like more information, please see the consumer alert here.
Hopefully the swift reaction of the company will mean that no one, person or pet, gets sick. I agree with Niagara, however, it is better safe than sorry.
Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we'll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!