A third dog food brand has issued a voluntary recall this week due to possible aluminum metal contamination. This incident involves one specific lot of the extremely popular Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight canned dog food.
No other Blue Buffalo products are involved and there have not been any reports of injury or illness.
- Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight, Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables
- 12.5 ounce can
- UPC: 8-40243-10017-0
- Codes: Best By 08/03/2019 (located on the bottom of the can)
No information was provided as to specific geographical areas or pet stores that may have stocked the recalled product.
What to Do?
If you are in possession of any of the recalled cans, you are invited to return them to the retailer for a full refund. For additional information, call 866-800-2917.
Dogfoodadvisor.com has provided the following information for anyone in the US or Canada interested in filing complaints with their food governing agencies.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.
- Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we'll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!