Dog Passes After ‘Common’ Mistake And Dog Owner Posts Warning To Save Others

“As [Christian] walked in further he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs…which made the bag tighter and tighter with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the bag tighter & tighter around his head.. ultimately resulting in suffocation.”

 

Christina simply couldn’t understand how this could happen. Why didn’t Petey pull the bag off of his head with his paws?

He was very bright, smart and agile. So, she did research of her own and found information that nobody ever talks about online. Young wanted to ‘spread the word’ so pet owners know the dangers of leaving potato chip, popcorn, cereal, bread and even dog treat bags lying around. They can pose a serious threat to our beloved animals.

 

Image Source: Facebook/Christina Young

 

“3-5 pet suffocation’s get reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. It only takes about 3 minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there.”

 

Pet parents have no idea about these daily food related hazards, and before it’s too late, awareness wants to be spread for others. Jennifer Young and Christian want to raise such awareness. The two want such things to happen so another pet doesn’t suffer the same fate as their pet did.

 

Image Source: Facebook/Christina Young

 

“So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners & give your fur babies some extra love today and every day after this. I pray none of you ever have to experience your heartbreaking this way. We love you papas you were the best boy in the whole world & we will remember our good times forever”

 

We’re so very sorry for the loss of Petey and send our condolences to Christina and Christian. Rest in peace Petey.

 

We ask all of you that in honor of Petey and his grieving parents, please share this story to protect other pets and pet parents from this hidden danger.

She Thought He Was Another Abuse Case, But His Microchip Scan “Freaked Her Out”
Dog Was Dumped At Rescue Deaf And Unable To Walk, Now He’s Found A Forever Family
Devoted Nurse Vows To Care For Dying Patient’s Dog, Adopts Him From Shelter
Man Keeps Promise By Re-Adopting The Dog He Was Forced To Surrender 4 Months Ago
Witness The Heartfelt Moment When An Abandoned Dog Realizes She’s Saved
Blind, Deaf Puppy Born From Bad Breeding Finds Someone To Love Her
[class^="wpforms-"]
[class^="wpforms-"]
[class^="wpforms-"]
[class^="wpforms-"]