NEW! Shop "The Feed" 👀 - Click Here
close
14M Shelter Meals Donated 149K Toys Donated $294K Funded for Service Dogs $35K Disaster Relief Funds Raised 172K Rescue Miles Funded

Pup Parents Make A Horrifying Discovery At Their Local Dog Park

Safety should always be a concern when heading to the dog park. Pups are at risk for anything from parasites to injuries and over-exertion.

But visitors to Bicentennial Park in Ormond Beach, Florida had no idea their dogs could also be in danger of intentional sabbotage.

This Tuesday, two park-goers discovered several fish hooks embedded in raw meatballs when one of their dogs ingested part of the tainted meat.

The woman, identified only as Rita, rushed the pooch to Tomoka Pines Veterinary Hospital. Luckily, X-rays showed that her dog had not swallowed any of the hooks.

“There were fish hooks inside the meatballs and I got very concerned because the meatball that my dog had dropped when I called him was just half of one,” Rita told WFTV. “So I was afraid that he had ingested something.”

Volusia County Parks and Recreation closed the park while the responding officer searched for additional pieces of contaminated meat. Only the five cold, freshly-thawed meatballs collected by the dog owner and turned over to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office were discovered.

The responding deputy took a similar report two years ago when meat stuffed with pills was located in the same park.

No one has come forward to report seeing the suspect drop the tainted meat, but Sheriff Mike Chitwood shared a few choice words about the responsible individual via Twitter:

H/T to WFTV

Do you want a healthier & happier dog? Join our email list & we'll donate 1 meal to a shelter dog in need!

Written by Dina Fantegrossi

Tags: , , , ,

Story Page