Shelter Dog Meal Donation Count:

Learn More

Home Forums Health Questions

2 yr old Boxer with Cancer – Lymphoma

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My 2 year old Boxer, Pepper, has been diagnosed with cancer specifically lymphoma. She has never had any health issues until now. Our family is heartbroken.
      Leave it to Pepper to be “different” her lymphoma is abnormal in that it only presents in two lymph nodes instead of all of them and she has a basketball sized tumor in her chest which is wrapped around her kidney instead of impacting her liver and spleen like textbook lymphoma would.

She had her first round of chemotherapy Friday and outside of throwing up twice yesterday (Saturday) she seems to be doing ok. She is eating and is energetic. Does anyone have experience with lymphoma presenting in an odd way and the outcome?
      Here is her full story. https://www.gofundme.com/2pj8aa64
      Also, I would like to find a Cancer Sucks or Super Dog tshirt for her to wear when she goes to her chemo treatments. I haven’t found anything. Any sites to recommend?
      I appreciate any feedback.

Hi…My best friend just this past weekend put down her four year old German Shepherd/Yellow Lab due to this horrible disease. He was doing the steroids method. He was diagnosed about eight weeks ago. He was very healthy, energetic, very lovable, and great personality. His name was Max. His birthday is next month. His cancer was around his neck area. I will say a prayer for Pepper. She’s definitely a cutie. She’s way too young to have this horrible disease. If you want to know, feel free to email me at tnladyvolsfan1973@mail.com. Please put your name and pepper’s in the subject line. And thanks. I will post a pic of Max hopefully on here.
      Heather

This pic was the last one I took of him. In this pic he already lost around eight pounds. He was weighting around 110.

wallobey
      Participant

Hi
      We lost our Border Collie Lab, Bravo, to rectal lymphoma on August 31st. He was diagnosed just before his third birthday. At the time of his diagnosis we were told he would live 4 to 10 weeks. I am happy to say he lived 5 months. We modified his diet to include raw meat and started him on CAS Option pills. Check out my son’s blog on Bravo’s journey (bravo wall.com). Bravo loves to fly with my son, so when we knew it was the time to let him go he took him out to watch airplanes. The second photo is my son and Bravo on one of their adventures.

Prayers for Pepper.

Lisa

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would like to ask what diet these previous babies are/were on? The diet and nutrition is the key. Most dry food is creating the illnesses the dogs and cats get. They are not designed to eat this food filled with grains and heat that deprives the digestive enzymes they need to build their immune system and fight disease.

wallobey
        Participant

Bravo ate Blue Buffalo or Merrick prior to him getting sick. After his diagnosis, I started making his food. Unfortunately, Bravo passed away on August 31st; five months after his diagnosis. We opted to not give him chemotherapy; instead changed his diet and gave him CAS Option pills.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I highly recommend getting Carnivora, which is an extract of the Venus fly trap, for your dog. It boosts the immune system. You can order it by phone or online, they will also give you instructions for giving it to your dog. Another cancer fighter is graviola, which is a tropical fruit, and you can get it in capsule form, it is 6000 times stronger than chemo drugs. Please check these things out. And get it for your dog. Do not give your dog anything with fish oil in it, Because fish oil feeds cancer, I made that mistake with my dog and found out too late. It reversed what I did for my dog. I was giving her Carnivora for thyroid cancer and heart disease. She was making progress, until I made the mistake of giving her products from a company called Res-Q, which have fish oil in them. Check out Carnivora.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.