In Iran fines and lashes are in store for an owner that walks a leashed dog on a public street. Dogs are a huge no-no for anyone other than police, farmers or hunters in Iran.
There are laws that protect citizens from harm, dogs from abuse and cruelty and ordinances that keep the canine population healthy. However across the globe there are silly laws that make one scratch their head. Some of them are still on the books, some of them have been repealed; all of them must have a story behind them. Why else would they have been made into law? Have a chuckle at some of the silliness in today’s world. On the flip side there are a couple of laws that should be made global.
- In some areas of Oklahoma dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
- In Chicago, IL it is illegal to give a dog whiskey and one may not bring their French Poodle to the opera.
- In Zion, IL it is illegal to give a dog a lit cigar.
- In Little Rock a dog is not allowed to bark after 6 p.m.
- In Madison Wisconsin dogs aren’t allowed to harass squirrels in the public park next to the capital.
- In Ft. Thomas, KY dogs are not allowed to chase cars.
- In some areas of Connecticut, any dog wearing a tattoo must be reported to the police.
- In Hartford, CT it is against the law to educate canines.
- In Turin, Italy owners will be fined up to $650 for not walking their dog at least three times a day.
- In Ventura, CA. dogs aren’t allowed to copulate without a permit.
- In Denver, CO an animal control officer must notify dogs of impending impound 3 days before incarceration, by posting notices on trees in the public parks and along the road running next to the park.
- In Sweden, dogs who attend a daycare center must have a window to look out of.
- In certain areas of Oklahoma it is against the law to make mean faces at a dog.
- In Switzerland all pets must have an animal companion and people must pass a written test before they can own a dog.