Man Stares In Horror As His Beloved Best Friend Is Electrocuted Right In Front Of Him

Much like many of our own furry family members, Ted, a four-year-old Poodle mix, loved to go on afternoon walks with his owner and best friend Erich. The pair was out for a walk after a rainstorm when an awful accident occurred, and sweet Ted was taken too soon. 

Both Ted and Erich received electric shocks, but Ted’s tiny body just couldn’t take it. 

Erich and Ted
Screenshot

Erich adopted Ted from MADACC three and a half years ago. Ted was brought in as a puppy with a broken jaw and won the hearts of all the staff. But he had since been put back together and met his best friend Erich. 

It was during what was once their cherished daily walk around the block that the tragic accident occurred. Ted and Erich were passing a light pole when they were both suddenly shocked.

RELATED: Dogs Are Getting Mysterious Electrical Shocks While Walking In Chicago

Ted
Facebook

“As we crossed the street…Ted’s leash came in contact with the pole. By the time I get near him, I get shocked. I’m jumping back, and I’m yelling, and I’m like freaking out – he’s freaking out, I’m freaking out,” said Erich.

Erich and Ted’s neighbors witnessed what happened and rushed over to try and help, but it was already too late. Despite immediately doing his best to resuscitate him, the electric shock from the pole was simply too strong for Ted’s tiny body to handle. 

“I was in the street performing resuscitation on Ted, and the neighbors were out and started cheering Ted on telling him to go little bud, go little bud. Then he eventually collapsed his eyes, rolled up, and collapsed,” said Erich.

As you can imagine, Erich is devastated and went looking for answers. Who ever would have expected to be shocked by a city-maintained light pole? Technicians did a test and determined that there had been a malfunction, and the issue has since been resolved. But that doesn’t bring Ted back, or give Erich much peace of mind. 

Ted
Facebook

“I definitely want to do something to raise awareness about these issues and find out what’s really going on – is this just a one-time occurrence or is there something more going on with it?” Erich said.

According to our research, stray voltage is a real, yet virtually non-discussed hazard for both humans and dogs that live in urban areas. Escaping currents migrate to street level via metal fixtures such as service boxes, manhole covers, grates, lampposts, phone booths, and fire hydrants.

After the accident, Milwaukee police responded and Erich was taken to the hospital where he was treated for his non-life-threatening injuries.

Our deepest condolences go out to Erich. We know that dogs are more than just pets and that Ted will always occupy a special place in his heart.

Featured Image: Screenshot

Dog Hides In UPS Truck And Rides All Over Town, Wearing Note With An “Important Message” For All
Stray Dog Miraculously Survives 8 Gunshot Wounds, Including One To The Face
Murdered Idaho Student’s Ex Creates Instagram For Their Dog Murphy
It’s Official: 23-Year-Old Spike Is The World’s Oldest Living Dog
Thieves Force Child To Steal Puppy From Pet Store As They Lie In Wait
Cruelty Caught On Camera: Pit Bull Thrown Over Tall Razor-Wire Fence & Abandoned