Are you looking for a way to save your dog’s Metoclopramide prescription? Our Rx Discount Card for Pets can save you up to 80% of your pet’s Metoclopramide.
What Pharmacies Accept This Metoclopramide Coupon Card for Pets?
This card is accepted at over 60,000 participating pharmacies in the US, including:
How Much Will My Pet’s Metoclopramide Cost Using This Coupon?
In order to view a real-time pricing estimate, please use our pricing lookup tool here.
How Do Prescription Discount Cards for Pets Work? How Can It Help Me Save On My Dog’s Metoclopramide Prescription?
Prescription discount cards work by providing you with access to negotiated drug prices within a network of pharmacies. The companies behind these cards negotiate discounts with pharmacy networks, and these discounted prices are then passed onto the cardholder.
Here’s how it can help you save money on your dog’s metoclopramide prescription:
- Negotiated Prices: Prescription discount cards often offer lower prices than the retail price of the medication. These discounts are negotiated by the company that provides the card.
- Ease of Use: You simply present the card (or app, in many cases) at a participating pharmacy when you’re picking up your pet’s medication. The discount is applied when the prescription is filled.
- No Insurance Needed: These cards are especially beneficial if your current pet insurance doesn’t cover prescriptions or if you don’t have pet insurance at all.
- Wide Acceptance: Many discount cards are accepted at a wide range of pharmacies, both large chains and smaller local establishments, increasing the chances that your preferred pharmacy will accept the card.
- Covered Medications: Prescription discount cards often cover a wide range of medications, including both generic and brand-name drugs, so it’s likely that metoclopramide would be included.
It’s important to remember that costs can vary, so it’s a good idea to compare prices from different sources (different discount cards, pet insurance, different pharmacies, etc.) to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Also, keep in mind that while a prescription discount card can reduce the cost of medications, it is not a form of insurance.
What Are Some Common Reasons Metoclopramide is Prescribed for Dogs?
Metoclopramide, also known by the brand name Reglan, is a medication that is frequently used in veterinary medicine. It has multiple effects in the body, but it is primarily used for its ability to stimulate the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract, which can help with a variety of conditions. Here are some common reasons metoclopramide might be prescribed for a dog:
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders: Metoclopramide helps increase the movement of food through the stomach and intestines, so it’s often used in dogs suffering from conditions like gastritis, esophagitis, gastric stasis, and other disorders that slow the movement of food through the digestive tract.
- Prevention of Vomiting: Metoclopramide can help prevent vomiting, especially when it’s due to certain causes like chemotherapy or post-surgery. It’s important to note, however, that it’s not effective against all types of vomiting in dogs.
- Prevention of Aspiration Pneumonia: In dogs that are at risk of regurgitation and aspiration (such as those with a condition known as megaesophagus), metoclopramide can help to move food and liquid out of the esophagus more quickly, reducing the risk of aspiration pneumonia.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD): Metoclopramide can be used to treat symptoms of GERD, as it can help to prevent stomach acid from flowing back up into the esophagus.
As always, it’s important to use this medication under the guidance of a veterinarian, as it does have potential side effects, and isn’t appropriate for use in all dogs or for all conditions.
What Are Some Other Ways I Can Save Money on My Pet’s Metoclopramide Prescription?
Aside from utilizing a pet prescription discount card, here are other ways you can save money on your pet’s Metoclopramide prescription:
- Buy Generic: Often, the generic version of a medication is cheaper than the brand-name version. Ask your vet if a generic version of Metoclopramide is available and appropriate for your pet.
- Price Comparison: Different pharmacies can charge different prices for the same medication. Consider using online tools or calling around to different pharmacies to compare prices.
- Buy in Bulk: If your pet is on long-term medication, buying in bulk could save you money in the long run. However, you should check the expiry date to ensure the medication won’t expire before you can use it all.
- Online Pharmacies: Some online pharmacies may offer lower prices than physical pharmacies. However, be sure to use reputable online pharmacies that are properly accredited. In the U.S., look for pharmacies accredited by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (VIPPS accredited).
- Pet Insurance: If your pet is insured, check the details of your policy. Some pet insurance plans include prescription medication coverage.
- Assistance Programs: Some manufacturers offer assistance programs for pet owners who can’t afford necessary medications. It’s worth checking to see if such a program exists for Metoclopramide.
- Therapeutic Alternatives: In some cases, there may be other less expensive medications that serve the same purpose as Metoclopramide. Discuss this possibility with your vet.
Always discuss these options with your vet before making any changes to your pet’s medication regimen. And remember, never compromise on the quality or appropriateness of your pet’s medication to save money. The health of your pet should always be the top priority.