Shelter Dog Meal Donation Count:

Learn More

Home Forums Crossing The Rainbow Bridge

3 Months and still miss my baby girl

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      rosiemay79
      Participant

My baby girl Chloe passed away on November 4, 2017. Her 9th birthday would have been this past Sunday. She had never been sick in her life that I knew of. She got sick and within a week she was gone from chronic kidney disease. I was devastated and spent many hours laying in her kennel crying. It’s still hard for me to talk about her without tearing up. I still haven’t put away any of her toys, bowls or her bedding. I can’t bring myself to yet. She was amazing. She was a black lab who still had a ton of energy, loved playing ball, being outside, swimming and cuddling on the couch. She was my shadow, my companion, my best friend and the love of my life. I miss her every day and think about her constantly. She had such a warm personality and loved to lick and give kisses. I got her as a rescue when she was 8 weeks old and she was my 1st dog. We had dogs growing up but I wasn’t responsible for training them or taking care of them. She was super smart and the words squirrel, kitty, and pizza were taboo words in the house because they would immediately get her riled up. I joked that she was my monster disguised as a dog so she earned the nickname Miss Monster. I miss you every day miss monster and wish you were still here with me. I can’t wait to see you again and look into your beautiful brown eyes and let you know how much I love you.
      Love, Mama

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.