iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
Bringing home a new puppy is an exciting experience filled with joy, laughter, and, not mention, those adorable little teeth. However, as your puppy starts to grow teeth, they’ll need an outlet to soothe their aching gums and meet their innate need to chew. This article is dedicated to the exploration of the best dog toys designed specifically for teething puppies. These toys not only provide relief to your pup but also offer an opportunity to teach good chewing habits and keep them entertained.
#1 – Petstages Cool Teething Stick
The Petstages Cool Teething Stick is designed specifically for teething puppies in need of something to chew on. It features a cotton-poly fabric shell and a stuffed interior that can be frozen for a soothing effect on the puppy’s achy gums. By providing a tempting alternative to furniture and personal belongings, this chew toy helps reduce destructive behavior. It can also be taken outdoors during hot summer days to provide icy relief for the puppy. However, it is important to supervise the puppy while using the toy and to replace it if it becomes damaged.
#2 – Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Twin Pack – Puppy Chew Toys for Teething – Puppy Supplies – Medley & Chicken Flavor, X-Small/Petite (2 Count)
The Nylabone Puppy Chew Toy Twin Pack is a set of chew toys designed specifically for teething puppies. The toys, which come in a medley and chicken flavor, promote healthy dental habits by helping to prevent plaque and tartar buildup. Made in the USA, these toys satisfy a puppy’s natural instinct to chew and discourage destructive chewing. They are best suited for extra-small dogs weighing up to 15 pounds and have dimensions of 3.81″ long x 1.06″ wide x 0.63″ high.
#3 – KIPRITII Dog Chew Toys for Puppy – 20 Pack Puppies Teething Chew Toys for Boredom, Pet Dog Toothbrush Chew Toys with Rope Toys, Treat Balls and Dog Squeaky Toy for Puppy and Small Dogs
The KIPRITII Dog Chew Toys for Puppy is a 20-pack of toys designed to keep puppies entertained and alleviate boredom. The toys include rope toys, treat balls, a rubber toothbrush stick, and a squeaky plush toy, among others. Not only do these toys provide entertainment for puppies, but they also help to clean their teeth and freshen their breath. The toys are made of high-quality, durable materials and the company offers excellent customer service.
#4 – Geeyteek Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers, 2PCS Nylon Durable Dog Bones with Real Beef Flavor for Large/Medium/Small Breeds Pet Chew Toys
The Geeyteek Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers are nylon dog bones with a real beef flavor, designed for large, medium, and small breeds. These chew toys can be used by puppies during teething or as a way to relieve discomfort. The nylon material is tough and resistant to bites, making it suitable for aggressive chewers, and the bones have been chew-tested on various dog breeds. Additionally, these toys can enhance a dog’s chewing ability and clean its teeth.
#5 – Nylabone Puppy Triple Pack – Pink Puppy Teething Toy, Nylon Dog Toy, & Chew Treat Variety Pack – Puppy Supplies – Chicken and Bacon Flavors, Small/Regular (3 Count)
The Nylabone Puppy Triple Pack is a set of chew toys and treats designed specifically for puppies. The pack includes two chew toys and one chew treat, providing puppies with a variety of textures and flavors to chew on. The soft, chicken-flavored toy is meant for puppies without adult teeth, while the durable, chicken-flavored nylon bone is ideal for puppies with adult teeth. The pack also includes a bacon-flavored chew treat as a reward for puppies. These puppy supplies are made in the USA and are intended for small puppies weighing up to 25 pounds.
#6 – HRTTSY 3 Pack Puppy Chew Toys for Teething Small Dogs Soft Rubber Cute Funny Bone Pea Pod Dog Toys Relieving Itching Teeth Cleaning Puppy Teething Toys Outdoor Indoor Interactive Doggie Toys Set
The HRTTSY 3 Pack Puppy Chew Toys is a set of soft rubber toys designed for teething small dogs. Made of safe and natural rubber, these toys can help relieve itching and pain during the chewing stage. The set includes a bone-shaped toy for dog training and a pea pod-shaped toy that can clean the dog’s teeth. These toys can be used both indoors and outdoors for interactive play and to keep the dog engaged and entertained. However, they are only suitable for puppies and small dogs, not aggressive chewers.
#7 – DogieLyn 2-8 Months Interactive Puppy Teething Chew Toys, Puppies Biting Toy, Soothes Itchy Teeth and Painful 360° Doggy Teeth Cleaning Soft Rubber Toothbrush for Small Dogs, 4 pcs (Blue)
The DogieLyn Puppy Teething Chew Toys are a set of 4 interactive toys designed to soothe itchy teeth and provide relief for puppies from 2-8 months of age. Made from soft, durable, and non-toxic natural rubber, these toys are suitable for chewing and playing. They also serve as a toothbrush to clean the dog’s teeth, preventing periodontal disease and maintaining oral health. These toys can be used for interactive games and are backed by a 30-day replacement guarantee.
#8 – DogieLyn Puppy Toys or Small Medium Dogs 4 Pack Chew Toy for Puppies Pet Teething Toy for Cleaning Teeth Interactive Soft Plush Panda Treat DispenserI Bone Squeaky Ball Tri-Color Ring Cute Toy Set
The DogieLyn Puppy Toys 4-pack offers a variety of chew toys for small to medium dogs. Made from non-toxic rubber, these toys are designed to clean teeth and massage gums, providing dental care for your dog. Interactive and easy to clean, these toys also feature a squeak and treat dispenser to keep your dog entertained and engaged. Perfect for teething puppies, these toys make great gifts for dogs and can contribute to their physical and mental well-being.
#9 – Nylabone Dog Moderate Chill & Chew Toy Chicken Medium/Wolf (1 Count) for small dogs
The Nylabone Dog Moderate Chill & Chew Toy is a dog treat toy that can be chilled to help cool dogs’ mouths. It satisfies the natural urge to chew and is made in the USA. The toy has to treat pockets and wells that can be filled with spreadable pastes like peanut butter. It is suitable for small dogs up to 35 pounds and measures 6.06″ long x 2.88″ wide x 1.25″ high.
#10 – KONG Puppy Binkie – Small Dog Toy – Soft Teething Rubber – Treat Dispensing Dog Toy – Stuffable Dog Toy for Chewing & Playing – Dog Toy to Support Sore Gums & Teeth – Blue – Small Puppies
The KONG Puppy Binkie is a small dog toy made of soft teething rubber that is designed to soothe sore gums and teeth in growing puppies during the teething process. It encourages healthy chewing behavior and can be stuffed with treats to provide mental stimulation and promote physical activity. The toy is durable and suitable for puppies up to nine months old, weighing up to 20 lbs. It is available in either pink or blue.
#11 – Dog Chew Toys for Aggressive Chewers, Indestructible Tough Durable Squeaky Interactive Dog Toys, Puppy Teeth Chew Corn Stick Toy for Small Medium Large Breed
This product is a dog chew toy that is specifically designed for aggressive chewers. It is made of almost indestructible material and has a unique corn zigzag-shaped design for effective teeth cleaning. The toy also includes a squeaker to keep the dog engaged and interested. The manufacturer ensures the quality of the product and provides satisfactory after-sales service.
#12 – Benebone Puppy 2-Pack Maplestick/Ziggler Durable Dog Chew Toys for Gentle Chewers, Real Bacon, Real Maplewood, Made in USA, Tiny
The Benebone Puppy 2-Pack Maplestick/Zaggler is a durable chew toy designed for gentle chewers. Made in the USA, the toys are made with real bacon and real maplewood to entice puppies. The unique shapes of the toys, the Maplestick and Zaggler, are easy for pups to pick up and chew, providing entertainment and enrichment.
What’s Important When Purchasing a Teething Toy for My Puppy?
There are several key factors to consider when purchasing a teething toy for your puppy:
- Material: The toy’s material is crucial. It should be durable enough to withstand your puppy’s biting and chewing, but not so hard that it could break their teeth. Look for toys made from flexible, puppy-safe rubber or other non-toxic materials that provide some resistance without being overly hard.
- Size: The size of the toy should be appropriate for your puppy. It should be large enough that your puppy cannot swallow it or choke on it, but small enough for them to comfortably hold and chew.
- Texture: A variety of textures can help soothe your puppy’s gums. Toys with bumps or ridges can provide additional relief.
- Safety: The toy should not have small parts that can break off and be swallowed or cause a choking hazard. Always check the product’s safety standards.
- Entertainment Value: Teething toys that are interactive or can be filled with treats will keep your puppy engaged for longer periods, offering more relief and distraction from the discomfort of teething.
- Ease of Cleaning: Toys that are easy to clean can help maintain your puppy’s oral health and hygiene.
Remember, while teething toys are a great aid, they’re not a substitute for supervision. Always monitor your puppy while they’re playing with a toy, especially a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions About Puppy Teething Toys
- What is the best material for puppy teething toys? The best materials for puppy teething toys are often flexible and non-toxic. Rubber, for instance, can provide the necessary resistance for a good chew, without being overly hard or damaging to your pup’s teeth. Always ensure the material is BPA-free and pet-safe.
- When do puppies start teething and need toys? Puppies typically start teething around 3 to 4 months of age when their baby teeth begin to fall out and adult teeth start to come in. This is a good time to introduce teething toys, as they can provide relief from discomfort.
- Are puppy teething toys safe? Most puppy teething toys are safe, but it’s important to select toys specifically designed for puppies and to always supervise your puppy while they’re playing with a toy. Avoid toys with small parts that can break off and become a choking hazard.
- Can a teething toy be too hard for my puppy? Yes, a teething toy can be too hard and could potentially harm your puppy’s teeth. If the material is too tough, it may cause cracks or breaks in your puppy’s developing teeth. Choose a toy that provides resistance, but is not overly hard.
- What size should a teething toy be for my puppy? The size of the toy should be appropriate for the size of your puppy. It should be large enough that your puppy can’t swallow it or choke on it, but small enough that they can comfortably chew on it.
- How often should I replace my puppy’s teething toys? It’s advisable to replace your puppy’s teething toys when they show signs of heavy wear and tear. Broken pieces can pose a choking hazard, and worn toys may no longer effectively soothe your puppy’s gums.
- How can I clean my puppy’s teething toys? Many teething toys can be cleaned in the dishwasher or with warm soapy water. Check the care instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure you’re cleaning the toy properly without causing any damage.
- Can I use human teething toys for my puppy? While some human teething toys may seem suitable, they might not be durable enough to withstand a puppy’s chewing. It’s best to use products specifically designed for puppies to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Can I use treats as teething toys? Yes, some teething toys have compartments for treats, which can help keep your puppy engaged longer. Just ensure the treats are safe and appropriate for your puppy’s age and size, and remember to account for these extra calories in their diet.
- What if my puppy doesn’t seem interested in their teething toy? Every puppy is unique, and their preferences can vary. If your puppy doesn’t show interest in a particular toy, try different types, shapes, or even flavors. Sometimes, a little bit of trial and error is needed to find the perfect teething toy for your puppy.
Conclusion: Best Dog Toys for Teething Puppies
Through this detailed exploration of dog toys for teething puppies, we hope you’ve gained insights to make an informed decision that suits your pup’s needs. The right teething toy can significantly help your puppy during this challenging phase, providing relief to their sore gums while also fostering healthy chewing habits. However, remember that every puppy is unique in their preferences and chewing style. Don’t be discouraged if it takes a bit of trial and error to find the perfect toy. In the end, the joy and comfort your teething puppy gets from the right toy will be well worth the effort.