iHeartDogs is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
If you’re a dog parent, you know the importance of playtime for your furry friends. It’s crucial to provide your dog with a safe and comfortable environment so that they can run around and have fun. A dog fence will ensure your pup doesn’t leave the safety of your yard and run into the street.
And you’ll find plenty of options for dog fences on the market, But finding the right one can be overwhelming. To help your search, we’ve got a deep dive review of Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence for you. We’ll cover everything you need to know to make an informed decision. Let’s dive into it!
Buyer’s Guide: What To Look For In A Pet Fence?
When you’re in the market for a dog fence, you need to have a clear vision of what kind will best suit your furry friend’s needs. With that in mind, here are a few factors to consider when buying a dog fence:
- Ease of installation – The first thing you need to consider is the ease of installation. You don’t want to be stuck with a dog fence you can’t figure out how to use. If you’re willing to pay a professional to set it up for you, such a consideration isn’t a problem. But if you’re going to do it yourself, you need to make sure the dog fence is easy to set up and won’t present a challenge when you need to adjust the coverage area.
- Durability – Buying a dog fence should be a one-time investment, so you want your dog fence to be durable and reliable. Since it takes some time for your dog to get used to a new fence and will also take some effort to set it up, you don’t want a dog fence that breaks down or stops working out of the blue. Go for a dog fence that will last a long time by checking out reviews from dog caretakers.
- Safety of your dog – Perhaps the most important factor to consider when buying a dog fence is your dog’s safety. Look into the intensity of correction static and any other health hazards the dog fence might present. The size of your dog also matters in this regard. Go for a dog fence that will prioritize your dog’s safety above all else.
- Coverage – Also consider the area that needs to be covered. Buy a dog fence that will provide ample coverage for your whole property and is adjustable so you can expand the coverage area without any problems.
- Budget – And last but not least is your budget. Set a budget for your dog fence and go for the option that provides you with the best value for money. You can find great products in all price ranges. So, before researching, determine how much you want to spend on the dog fence.
How Does Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence Fit Your Needs?
The Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence is a wired dog fence designed to be customizable, letting you adjust it according to your desired area without much fuss. The collar that comes with it is waterproof and designed for rugged dog fun. It also offers a great correction system that uses static current, vibration, and a beeping sound to train your dog more effectively. It’s also very budget-friendly relative to other products in its class. Overall, it features a great mix of quality and value for your money.
Let’s take a deeper dive into the pros and cons of Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence:
Pros of the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence:
- Easy to Install – The Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence is very easy to install. It does not require any special tools or the use of any complicated software. All you have to do is bury the wire underground to create a perimeter for the coverage area, place the collar on your dog, and you’re done.
- Waterproof – The collar you get with the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence is waterproof and allows your dog to enjoy all kinds of water activities without you having to worry about the collar being damaged.
- Rechargeable Collar – Another great advantage of the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence is the rechargeable collar. You’ll save a ton of money because you won’t have to invest in buying disposable batteries for the collar.
- Quick Charge – The charging time for the collar is also exceptional. Depending on how often your dog triggers the correction system, it gets a full charge in just 2 hours and can last 1-2 months. This is a great performance for battery life and charge time compared to other products in a similar price bracket.
- Unlimited Dogs – Another advantage of the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence is the ability to add unlimited dogs to the system. So, if you plan to increase the number of furry family members in your home, all you’ll have to do is buy a new collar, and they’ll fit right in.
- Safety Features – As mentioned earlier, your dog’s safety comes first. The Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence has great safety features regarding the correction system. It vibrates and beeps before delivering the static shock, and its intensity can also be adjusted.
Cons of the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence
The only con for the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence is that some dogs can find it stressful. The unique correction system might not be suitable for all dogs. If your dog is easily scared or stressed, this might not be the right choice for your household.
Items Included With The Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence And Amazon Reviews
The Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence comes with the following items:
- In-Ground Fence Transmitter
- Rechargeable Collar Receiver (with strap)
- Long Contact Points
- Short Contact Points
- Adapter for charging the collar receiver
- Boundary Wire (1,000 feet)
- Training Flags (100 flags)
- Wire Nuts
- Test Light Tool
- Operating Guide
Amazon Ratings and Overall Reviews
The Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence has an overall Amazon rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on more than 1400 customer reviews. This is an exceptionally good rating compared to similar products.
Amazon Ratings By Feature
- Water Resistance: 4.2 out of 5
- Battery Life: 4.1 out of 5
- Ease of installation: 3.8 out of 5
- Value for Money: 3.6 out of 5
FAQs About the Sportdog Rechargeable Invisible Dog Fence
How does the SportDog Rechargeable Invisible Fence work?
It’s a wired system that works via radio signals. The boundary wire is buried underground, and your dog wears the included collar. When your dog approaches the boundary wire, a radio signal transmits to the collar, and correction measures ensue. This will help train your dog to stay within the boundary area.
How long does a SportDog Rechargeable Invisible Fence last?
This system is designed to last long, given that you properly maintain it. The same goes for the transmitter and collar. They’re designed with longevity in mind.
Is a SportDog Rechargeable Invisible Fence easy to set up?
The setup process can be time-consuming since you must bury the boundary wire in your yard. But once the boundary wire is set, everything else is easy. You’ll find the instructions manual that comes with the dog fence very helpful throughout the setup process.
Does the SportDog Rechargeable Invisible Fence use Wi-Fi?
No. It does not use Wi-Fi since it is a wired system. The boundary wire and the collar interact via radio signals and do not require Wi-Fi.
Will a SportDog Rechargeable Invisible Fence harm my dog?
It’s important to understand this dog fence uses a static current as a correction measure. The pulse is similar to the shock you feel from static electricity but is specifically designed to be safe for your dog. Before use, take time to understand the correction levels and adjust them according to your dog’s size and temperament.
For more canine containment systems, check out 10 Best Invisible Dog Fences.
Dog Product Reviews