A lot of the time, when you pass a yard fence with a “Beware Of Dog” sign posted on it, it’s just there as a deterrent or a heads up for the mail carrier. Occasionally though, you might get a glimpse of the vicious canine guardian that warranted the sign. That’s what these brave photographers did.
Intruders, you better watch out. These 23 ferocious dogs spotted defending their backyards are ready to pounce on whoever dares enter their domain.
1. A German Shepherd Scaring You Away With A Display Of Tongue
Come one step closer and you’re getting some licks! This dog looks nothing like what the sign threatens.
2. This Terrifying Husky Daring You To Enter
That certainly is a dangerous amount of fluff. That must be what the sign is warning about.
3. A Golden Retriever To Be Aware Of
It looks like this sign is just missing another ‘A’ because I am glad to now be aware of this dog.
4. This Grinning Boy Proud To Be Warned About
He fully plans to attack you with some kisses if you dare enter his domain. And he’s only getting bigger!
5. This Pup Threatening To Make You Rub His Belly
Careful going through this gate! The dog inside will make you give him scratches for hours!
6. A Little Guy Whose Parents Ordered The Wrong Sign
Oh, do they not make warning signs for teeny tiny puppers like this one? Oh well, this will do.
7. An Eager Guard Dog Who Picked Out His Own Sign
He may be young, but this pup is ready to defend his territory. Check out his official sign!
8. Look Out, He’s Spotted You!
If the sign isn’t enough to ward off intruders, that stare down is sure to send this pup’s enemies running.
9. May These “Roo Roo”s Serve As A Warning
That’s right, get any closer and he’ll start getting physical. You won’t be able to escape his tongue!
10. This Defender Is Practicing His Moves
He’s ready to roll over for anyone brave enough to pass this tree. Think you can handle all the scritches?
11. This Dog Disappointed He’s So Frightening
Aw, it’s okay, buddy. Most people probably interpret the sign as a joke anyway.
12. Beware Of This Spy
This pup sees you, and he’s not letting you anywhere near his buried toys.
13. Two Pooches Letting You Know They’ve Got Eyes On You
Look out; there’s two of them! Oh no, they’re just too cute!!
14. A Guard-en Retriever
He loves his duty, and he’s not afraid to show it. Trespassers beware!
15. That Guard Dog Confidence
This totally ferocious fluff ball won’t even break a sweat to defend his turf. Look at that casual posture.
16. This Pup Will Attack As Soon As He Feels Like Getting Up
So you better watch out whenever that happens. You’re getting jumped all over, pal!
17. A Yorkie Making Sure You See Him Seeing You
He sees you looking at his trash can. That’s his trash can; he even peed on it!
18. A Cocky Dog Who Knows He’s Worth A Homemade Sign
Yes, you better beware. Come any closer and you may just die of cuteness.
19. These Tiny But Feisty Guard Dogs
Only those brave enough to face ankle nips may enter. Well, more likely ankle licks.
20. This Princess Says “Blep” To All Intruders
Beware of this doggie in the window… she’s a total diva.
21. A Yorkie Who Will Climb Her Way To You If She Must
She might be a vicious home defender, or she may just want to show off her cute hair-do.
22. This Gal Who’s Starting Out Young
Someday all who dare trespass on her yard will fear this little cutie! Maybe not yet, though.
23. This Dog Who Uses His Woofs, Not His Paws
You’ll definitely need to watch out for this dog’s enchanting “stay away” howl.
Sign or no sign, I’d trust these dogs to protect me any day!