iHeartDogs is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
We’ve compiled a list of the best heart supplements for dogs to help keep your pup’s heart healthy and strong, so the two of you can enjoy as many years as possible together!
Your dog owns your heart, and you know theirs belongs to you in return. Take good care of that precious gift by giving your dog supplements formulated to keep canine cardiac systems free-flowing and well-regulated.
But how do you choose the best heart supplement for dogs with so many options on the market? We can help with that! To make your life a bit easier, we’ve compiled a list of heart supplements dog parents love for their cardiac health benefits. Before we get to the list, though, let’s take a second to talk about which ingredients deliver the most noticeable benefits when it comes to canine heart function.
What Ingredients Do The Best Heart Supplements For Dogs Include?
Look for these cardiac-supporting ingredients in the best heart supplements for dogs:
- Taurine – A vital amino acid found in high concentrations in the heart, taurine is necessary for healthy heart function. Deficiencies can lead to dilated cardiomyopathy. Increasing taurine levels through supplements can reverse the effects of some heart problems.
- L-Carnitine – An essential amino acid that aids energy production in the heart, L-carnitine is often used to treat dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – These healthy fatty acids reduce inflammation, prevent heart arrhythmias, and improve how energy metabolizes in heart muscle cells.
- Coenzyme Q10 (Co-Q10) – An antioxidant thought to support cellular energy production in the heart, Co-Q10 helps with congestive heart failure, blood pressure issues, and overall function.
- Hawthorn – An herb rich in antioxidants that supports cardiac muscle, increases circulation, and lowers blood pressure. This plant and its berries have also been shown to counteract congestive heart failure in milder cases.
- Dandelion – This common plant works to help canine hearts by acting as a diuretic that drains accumulated fluid from around the heart, which in turn allows for better pumping function and blood circulation. It’s also a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps regulate the heart rate.
If your dog has heart disease or other cardiac issues, talk to your veterinarian before giving your pup supplements. Also, ask for the vet’s recommendations on which heart supplements or what ingredients to look for in a cardiac supplement to ensure your dog gets what’s best for them. Now, let’s check out our list of the best heart supplements for dogs!
The 14 Best Heart Supplements for Dogs
#1 – iHeartDogs Heart & Vitality Cardio Support for Dogs
iHeartDogs Heart & Vitality Cardio Support Dog Chew champions the health and vitality of your furry friend’s heart, regardless of size or breed, with a delicious soft chew packed with premium Anchovy Oil, an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids, and Coenzyme Q10. The recipe is bolstered with Taurine, Flaxseed, Arginine, Blueberry Extract, L Carnitine, Magnesium, and Folic Acid, each providing its own unique benefits for overall heart function and health. These heart-shaped chews also boast a yummy chicken flavor that will make giving your dog their cardio supplement a breeze. Plus, when you choose to boost your pup’s heart health with iHeartDogs, you’re feeding 14 shelter dogs with every time you purchase a jar of supplements.
#2 – iHeartDogs 100% Norwegian Salmon Oil
This pure salmon oil is packed with essential omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids that provide rich support to heart health. These fatty acids contain EPA and DHA to give your canine peak health and wellness from head to toe. A single-ingredient formula of only salmon oil, this is an excellent choice for dogs with sensitive tummies. You’ll also appreciate that it’s produced with sustainable, fully traceable methods because we care about the state of the world our dogs live in too! And because it’s free of GMOs, antibiotics, preservatives, or other additives, veterinarians stand behind this 100% Norwegian salmon oil. Plus, you’ll love that it comes in an easy-to-use pump bottle, so dosing your dog is no problem. Simply pump over their food!
#3 – FERA Cardiac Support Supplement for Dogs
One of the best heart supplements for dogs with heart disease and a favorite among Amazon users, these capsules hold a premium formulation containing taurine, L carnitine, CoQ10, organic Hawthorn berry, and vitamin E. It’s a rich blend that promotes enhanced cardiac function and blood circulation while supporting a regular heartbeat and blood pressure. Cofounded by a veterinarian, FERA believes in using natural and holistic ingredients and manufactures their capsules with no additives, fillers, preservatives, wheat, corn, soy, gluten, dairy, or artificial colors in FDA-registered facilities in the USA. Plus, you can feed it to your dog in one of two easy ways. Give your pup the capsule wrapped in a snack. Or open the capsule and sprinkle the powder over your dog’s food.
#4 – Stella & Chewy’s Stella’s Solutions
Help your pup’s heart and treat them to freeze-dried raw morsels packed with taurine, omega acids, and L-carnitine sourced from chicken hearts and sardines. This raw food option makes our list of best heart supplements for dogs thanks to its clean approach to supporting heart health and boosting cardiovascular performance. Plus, you can’t go wrong with an American-made product. They’re great for picky eaters too.
#5 – Dr. Oscar Taurine Supplement for Dogs
One of the best heart supplements for dogs with heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy, and congestive heart failure, these chicken-flavored tablets are vet-recommended thanks to a formula rich in taurine and L-carnitine. They provide the full recommended daily amount of taurine with 500mg per 25lbs of weight, whereas other dog heart supplements fall short. And with no side effects, dogs and their parents can expect improved exercise tolerance, a regulated heartbeat, and improved heart function. For dogs of all ages and breeds, Dr. Oscar products are made in a USA-based, FDA-registered facility and free of soy, gluten, wheat, peanuts, GMOs, artificial flavorings, and preservatives. Plus, they’re labeled safe to use with medications, but always check with your vet first.
#6 – Omega 3-6-9 Select Grain Free Skin & Coat Chews With Pure Antarctic Krill Oil
No more fussing with pills! This soft chew tastes so good your pup will think they’re getting a treat. But they’re actually doing their heart some good with the cardiac-strengthening power of krill meal, algae, and flaxseed meal blended with Safflower, Borage, and Evening Primrose oils. Formulated by veterinarians to be grain-free, soy-free, and gluten-free, this best heart supplement for dogs is ideal for pups that suffer from food sensitivities or allergies. Made in the USA by dog lovers, you can always trust iHeartDogs to use the highest quality ingredients. Start an auto-subscription and save 5% while ensuring you never run out of your pup’s favorite health food.
#7 – Ark Naturals Gray Muzzle Heart Healthy Wags Plenty Dog Chews
Our list of best heart supplements for dogs wouldn’t be complete without an option for the senior dog. And these heart-shaped pellets are just what your old pup’s heart needs to maintain healthy heart muscle, heartbeat rhythm, blood pressure, circulation, and overall heart function. Rich in taurine, acetyl-L-carnitine, dandelion extract, Hawthorne berry extract, bilberry extract, egg albumin, and coenzyme Q10, your dog gets a sweet treat formulated with high-quality and natural ingredients that are corn-free, soy-free, wheat free, and have no artificial colors or preservatives. Plus, they’re USA-made.
#8 – CardioMAX Heart Support Supplement for Dogs
Support your dog’s cardiovascular health with these liver-flavored soft chews abundant in taurine, L-carnitine, Hawthorne, Coenzyme Q10, vitamin E, and other essential amino acids. Formulated by veterinarians to treat heart conditions, lower blood pressure, and improve the body’s use of oxygen, these yummy bites are another USA-made heart supplement that gives dogs the feeling of getting a treat. And customers say their picky eaters love them too!
Related: 10 Best Dog Multivitamin Products
#9 – Pet Wellbeing Young at Heart for Dogs
One of the best supplements for dogs with heart murmurs, myocardial disease, and chronic valvular disease, Young at Heart is a liquid formula combining eight herbs, including Hawthorne berry, to naturally support cardiac muscle strength, circulatory flow, and overall functionality. Their on-staff holistic veterinarians developed this easy-to-administer formula right here in the USA with sustainably-sourced materials to ensure the safety and well-being of your dog. And because these drops have a natural bacon flavor, your pup will lap up their dose right away!
#10 – Wonder Paws Cardio Support for Dogs
Dogs love the taste of bacon, and with these soft chews, that’s just what they’ll think they’re getting when really, they’re making their heart stronger with every bite! Wonder Paws packs their bites with Carniking, a clinically-studied form of L-carnitine shown to support heart health, circulation, and weight management in dogs. A powerful dose of Taurine, Hawthorne berry, and CoQ10 provides an extra boost for cardiovascular health and good circulation. Plus, customers love the price and report more energy in their fatigued pups.
#11 – InClover BioVibrant Dog Heart Health Supplement
We want to make your life a little easier, so we included an easy-to-administer powder in our list of the best heart supplements for dogs. This rich blend of taurine, L-carnitine, cysteine, and methionine supports optimal cardiac function, lean muscle development, and fatty acid conversion to energy in dogs and cats. Based in Boulder, Colorado, and operating since 1996, InClover is an independent, woman-owned business that prides itself on sustainable practices and high standards.
#12 – Amber NaturalZ Hawthorn & Dandelion Heart Care
For plant-based pawrents who believe in holistic options from the Earth, this liquid heart supplement for dogs uses Hawthorne berry and Dandelion to support lifelong cardiovascular support. Bottled in a sterile amber glass bottle, you can expect maximum purity in this heart care formula. And Amber NaturalZ never uses artificial flavors or colors, and they make every bottle in the USA. Dog moms and dads love the price and the results they see in their dogs, while their pups love the taste.
#13 – Herbs for Paws Cardiac and Health Support
One of the best heart supplements for dogs with heart murmurs and congestive heart failure, this single-ingredient powder heart supplement contains all-natural Hawthorne berries that are raw crushed to retain the natural cardiovascular-supporting properties that help pups regulate blood pressure, normalize heart rhythm, and increase cardiac output while optimizing blood flow. Several users have been happily surprised by the improvements they’ve seen in their dogs and also report less cardiac coughing. This all-berry powder is made in the USA and free of harsh chemicals, artificial ingredients, fillers, or preservatives. Bonus: it’s gluten-free for dogs with sensitivities.
#14 – iHeartDogs Bone Broth Immune Support Powder – PLUS Mushroom Gold
Our Mushroom Gold Bone Broth is loaded with all the good nutrients of bone broth. Plus, the added mushrooms make this an immunity-boosting superstar. While the easy-to-use powder wasn’t designed to be a heart health supplement, it does boost overall health by supporting the immune system with organic chicken bone broth and a unique blend of Reishi, Maitake, Chaga, Cordyceps, Shitake, and Turkey Tail mushrooms. And when your dog’s immune system is fit and strong, it can help keep their heart healthier too. The highly affordable price makes it a hit with dog parents, and thanks to the delicious taste, dogs agree. By licking their bowls clean, the pups say this yummy bone broth definitely deserves a spot on our list of the best heart supplements for dogs!
Searching for the right heart supplement can be challenging, leaving you to scroll page after page of listings claiming this result or that. Hopefully, our list of the best heart supplements for dogs has narrowed your search and helped you make your choice. That way, you can get off the web and get back to playing with your pup!
Related: 10 Best Eye Supplements for Dogs
Frequently Asked Questions About Heart Supplements for Dogs
- What are heart supplements for dogs? Heart supplements for dogs are products formulated to support heart health and function. They often contain ingredients like omega-3 fatty acids, Coenzyme Q10, taurine, L-carnitine, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals. These ingredients can contribute to a healthy heart muscle, improved circulation, and antioxidant protection.
- Does my dog need a heart supplement? Whether your dog needs a heart supplement depends on their age, breed, diet, and health status. While some dogs may benefit, others may not need them. Always consult your veterinarian before starting any supplements.
- Are heart supplements safe for my dog? Most heart supplements are safe for dogs if used as directed, but it’s crucial to choose a high-quality product from a reputable manufacturer. Always consult with your veterinarian before introducing any new supplement to your dog’s diet.
- Can heart supplements cure heart disease in dogs? No, heart supplements cannot cure heart disease. They can support heart health and function, but they are not a substitute for veterinary treatment. If your dog has heart disease, it’s important to follow your vet’s treatment plan.
- How do I choose a good heart supplement for my dog? Choose a heart supplement based on your dog’s specific needs, the supplement’s ingredients, the manufacturer’s reputation, and your vet’s recommendation. Look for products with clear labeling and high-quality, natural ingredients.
Dog Product Reviews
- Best Dog Foods
- Best Fresh Dog Foods
- Best Freeze Dried Dog Foods
- Best Raw Dog Foods
- Best Online Dog Training Classes
- Best Fish Oil for Dogs
- Best Multivitamins for Dogs
- Best Invisible E-Fences for Dogs
- Best Grooming Tools for Dogs
- Best Beds for Senior Dogs
- Best Dog Toys
- Best GPS & Tracking Collars
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best No-Pull Dog Harnesses
- Best Pet Safe Weed Killers