What’s The Difference Between Lemonade & Trupanion Pet Insurance Plans?
Thank you for visiting our guide to comparing Trupanion and Lemonade. Below you’ll find a comparison of plan rates, multi-pet discounts, wellness plans, coverage amounts, and more.
Remember that the easiest way to shop for pet insurance is using a tool such as this to compare pet insurance plans from all the major pet insurance companies at once. With this tool, you can compare rates from Lemonade and Trupanion side by side, as well as other major pet insurers.
Lemonade & Trupanion: A Complete Breakdown of Dog Insurance Plan Benefits
The comparison below will show you the pet insurance plan features of Lemonade and Trupanion, as well as many of the other top pet insurance brands.
iHeartDogs is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Free Side by Side Quote Comparison Between Trupanion and Lemonade
To receive your no-obligation quote comparison between Trupanion and Lemonade, fill out the form below.
Common Questions About Lemonade Vs. Trupanion
Coverage Amounts: Lemonade Vs. Trupanion
Trupanion offers unlimited coverage with their plans, while Lemonade’s coverage maxes out at $100,000 annually. While unlimited coverage surely sounds better, $100,000 would cover nearly any emergency care within a period of 1 year.
Multi-Pet Discounts: Lemonade Vs. Trupanion
Lemonade does offer a discount for multiple pets, while Trupanion does not currently offer one.
What are the Reimbursement Amounts for Trupanion vs. Lemonade?
Lemonade’s reimbursement options are 90%, 80%, or 70%. Trupanion only offers a 90% reimbursement option. The higher your reimbursement, the higher your premium will be.
What is the Annual Deductible for Trupanion vs. Lemonade?
Lemonade’s deductible options are $100, $250, or $500. Trupanion allows deductibles anywhere from $0 to $1,000. The higher the deductible, the lower your premium will be.
Does Lemonade or Trupanion Offer a Wellness Plan for Preventative Care?
At this time, neither Lemonade nor Trupanion offers a wellness option.
Who is Cheaper: Lemonade or Trupanion?
In most cases, we found Lemonade to offer a more affordable price. In our example quote, Lemonade beat out Trupanion for a 1-year-old 30 lb mixed breed dog based on Texas zip code 75001. However, keep in mind that your location, dog’s age, breed, gender, and other factors significantly affect your pricing. The best way to know whether Lemonade or Trupanion is cheaper is to run a comparison quote here.
The Bottom Line: Who is Better, Lemonade or Trupanion?
Overall, we give an edge to Lemonade for significantly more affordable pricing with nearly as much maximum annual coverage. Both companies are very reputable and popular with iHeartDogs readers, with Lemonade receiving 4.5 out of 5 stars and Trupanion receiving 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Run a No Obligation Comparison Quote Between Trupanion and Lemonade
 Trupanion Insurance Customer Reviews (2022)
iHeartDogs created surveyed our readers in 2022 about their experience with Trupanion and other major pet insurance plans.
Overall Pets Best received a 4.5 out of 5 rating:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Zero deductible, very quick turn around. Emergency vet takes payment directly from company. Insured at 14 weeks so no pre existing conditions. - Trupanion review by Robin, Fort Myers
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - They may be expensive, when I first got it the price was $62 a month and it gradually went up to $72 a month and then jumped to $100 the next year... now $116... but they have paid for 2 ACL operations, and amputation and Chemotherapy for my Bulldog, they are 24/7 human contact, direct payment to hospitals, They have SAVED my dog's life and allowed her live longer ... best decision I ever made - Trupanion review by Paul, Wakefield
⭐ - They ignore paying what they owe. One year to get them to do it. Then again, another year to get paid. My veterinarian had to argue for months. We are in another arguing cycle. It’s been ten months. - Trupanion review by Leslie, Denver
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - They are great in reimbursing you on what's been paid and I like the fact they pay 90/10. Really helped when my boy was diagnosed with inoperable bladder cancer and we took him to Ohio State Veterinary Clinic for his treatments. Sadly he passed away 2 years ago from a massive stroke, not the cancer we thought might take him. OSU was great. Have other animals covered by them also and have just gotten a puppy who I signed up right away. Will recommend them 100 %! - Trupanion review by Susan, Miamisburg
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - There is nothing that I don't like about this Company - Trupanion review by Maura, Conception Bay South
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Quick, easy, dependable. A life saver, literally. - Trupanion review by Laurie, Lowell
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Process and reimburse quickly - Trupanion review by Kathy, Delray Beach
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Price is fair and reimbursement I s fast - Trupanion review by Bsrb, Northville
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Pick your deductible and reasonable price. Also trustworthy - Trupanion review by Chris, Southington
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Our golden retriever was very prone to illness- epilepsy, bladder stones, digestive issues, knee surgery, autoimmune immune issues. We incurred over $30,000 of veterinary expenses in an 18 month time period, and over 80% was covered by our policy. Having Trupanion made it possible to give my baby the best possible care. - Trupanion review by Lori, Lambertville
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - No annual max , deductible applies to each illness, or accident - Trupanion review by Mary, Coeur d'Alene
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - My dog was a middle-aged rescue from the shelter, and they had no problem insuring her. I have since had issues to be covered, and they were, without question. I was paid within days. The first time took a little longer because they wanted information from the vet. I couldn't be happier. - Trupanion review by MK, Rancho Cordova
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Love that I get to choose my deductible and get 90% back on everything but office visits. Dislike that they don’t cover wellness but I have had great experiences when filing claims and get paid back very quickly. - Trupanion review by Lynne, Walpole
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - I love the peace of mind I have knowing my dog can get the best care - Trupanion review by Cathy, Calgary
⭐⭐⭐ - I like that they are speedy and easy to use. I don't like that they don't cover regular maintenance office visits. - Trupanion review by kathy, Everett
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Great coverage options - Trupanion review by Deb, Cedar Rapids
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Cover exactly what they say they do and do not quibble about costs or delay paying claims. - Trupanion review by Karen, Jackson
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Been excellent for one dog not so good for my second dog - Trupanion review by Susie, Des Moines
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - 90% direct coverage for anything accidental abs emergency.
- does not cover routine procedures (vaccines, dentals, spays/neuter etc) - Trupanion review by Amanda, Calgary"
 Lemonade Pet Insurance Customer Reviews (2022)
iHeartDogs created surveyed our readers in 2022 about their experience with Lemonade and other major pet insurance providers.
Overall Lemonade Pet Insurance received a 4.5 out of 5 rating:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Very fast response - Lemonade review by James, Ashburn
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Pretty simple site and easy to use. Customer service was fast last time I had a question - Lemonade review by JT, Moreno Valley
⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Haven't had to make claim yet, but getting signed up was super fast and easy. Heard from a couple friends who used them and were happy - Lemonade review by Justin, Riverside
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Love that they also offer renter insurance, life insurance, car insurance, etc. Seems like a modern company, very easy to use - Lemonade review by Jennifer, Richmond
Compare Trupanion and Lemonade Pricing and Benefits Below
Pet Insurance Carrier Comparisons
- Trupanion Vs. Pets Best Pet Insurance
- Trupanion Vs. Lemonade Pet Insurance
- HealthyPaws Vs. Embrace Pet Insurance
- HealthyPaws Vs. Trupanion Pet Insurance
- Embrace Vs. Trupanion Pet Insurance
- Embrace Vs. Lemonade Pet Insurance
- Trupanion Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. Trupanion Pet Insurance
- Embrace Vs. ManyPets Pet Insurance
- Embrace Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. Embrace Pet Insurance
- HealthyPaws Vs. ManyPets Pet Insurance
- HealthyPaws Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. HealthyPaws Pet Insurance
- HealthyPaws Vs. Lemonade Pet Insurance
- Pets Best Vs. ManyPets Pet Insurance
- Pets Best Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. ManyPets Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. Pets Best Pet Insurance
- Embrace Vs. Pets Best Insurance
- HealthyPaws Vs. Pets Best Pet Insurance
- ManyPets Vs. Lemonade Pet Insurance
- Lemonade Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
- Trupanion Vs. ManyPets Pet Insurance
- ManyPets Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
- Lemonade Vs. Pets Best Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. Lemonade Pet Insurance
- Prudent Pet Vs. FIGO Pet Insurance
Breed Pet Insurance
- Pet insurance for Akitas
- Pet insurance for Alaskan Malamutes
- Pet insurance for American English Coonhounds
- Pet insurance for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Pet insurance for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Pet insurance for Australian Shepherds
- Pet insurance for Basset Hounds
- Pet insurance for Beagles
- Pet insurance for Bernese Mountain Dog
- Pet insurance for Bichon Frises
- Pet insurance for Bloodhounds
- Pet insurance for Border Collies
- Pet insurance for Boston Terriers
- Pet insurance for Boxers
- Pet insurance for Bulldogs
- Pet insurance for Bullmastiffs
- Pet insurance for Bull Terriers
- Pet insurance for Cane Corsos
- Pet insurance for Cavaliers
- Pet insurance for Chesapeake Bay Retrievers
- Pet insurance for Chihuahuas
- Pet insurance for Chinese Crested Dogs
- Pet insurance for Chow Chows
- Pet insurance for Cocker Spaniels
- Pet insurance for Collies
- Pet insurance for Corgis
- Pet insurance for Dachshunds
- Pet insurance for Dobermans
- Pet insurance for Dogue De Bordeaux
- Pet insurance for English Springer Spaniels
- Pet insurance for French Bulldogs
- Pet insurance for German Shepherds
- Pet insurance for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Pet insurance for Goldendoodles
- Pet insurance for Golden Retrievers
- Pet insurance for Greyhounds
- Pet insurance for Great Danes
- Pet insurance for Great Pyrenees
- Pet insurance for Havanese
- Pet insurance for Huskies
- Pet insurance for Jack Russells
- Pet insurance for Labrador Retrievers
- Pet insurance for Labradoodles
- Pet insurance for Lhasa Apsos
- Pet insurance for Maltese
- Pet insurance for Mastiffs
- Pet insurance for Miniature Pinschers
- Pet insurance for Mixed Breeds (small)
- Pet insurance for Mixed Breeds (medium)
- Pet insurance for Mutts
- Pet insurance for Newfoundlands
- Pet insurance for Old English Sheepdogs
- Pet insurance for Papillons
- Pet insurance for Pekingese
- Pet insurance for Pit Bulls
- Pet insurance for Pomeranians
- Pet insurance for Poodles
- Pet insurance for Pugs
- Pet insurance for Rhodesian Ridgebacks
- Pet insurance for Rottweilers
- Pet insurance for Saint Bernards
- Pet insurance for Samoyeds
- Pet insurance for Schnauzers
- Pet insurance for Shar-Peis
- Pet insurance for Shelties
- Pet insurance for Shiba Inus
- Pet insurance for Shih Tzu
- Pet insurance for Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Pet insurance for Vizslas
- Pet insurance for Weimaraners
- Pet insurance for Westies
- Pet insurance for Whippets
- Pet insurance for Yorkies
Pet Insurance by City
Pet Insurance by State