iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
In a world where pet owners are becoming increasingly conscious of what they feed their furry family members, the demand for wholesome, transparent, and natural options is higher than ever. All-natural dog treats are made from simple, high-quality ingredients, free of artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors. These treats not only satisfy your pup’s taste buds but also align with a health-conscious approach to pet nutrition. This article explores the best all-natural dog treats available in the market, what to look for when choosing one, and why opting for natural is a step towards promoting a longer, healthier life for your canine companion.
#1 – iPaw Turkey Dog Treats for Puppy Training, All Natural Human Grade Dog Treat, Ingredient Sourced from USA, Hypoallergenic, Easy to Digest (Tots)
The iPaw Turkey Dog Treats for Puppy Training are tender, tasty, and bite-sized treats suitable for training sessions, advanced tricks, or as rewards for good behavior. Hand-made and slow-roasted for maximum flavor and tenderness, these treats are made from US-sourced turkey and contain no grains, preservatives, antibiotics, artificial flavors or coloring, steroids, growth hormones, or any other potentially harmful ingredients. With their hypoallergenic and easy-to-digest qualities, these treats are suitable for dogs of all ages.
#2 – Crafted by Humans Loved by Dogs Portland Pet Food Company Grain-Free & Gluten-Free Biscuit Dog Treats (1-Pack 5 oz) — Pumpkin Flavor — All Natural, Human-Grade, Made in The USA
Portland Pet Food Company Grain-Free & Gluten-Free Biscuit Dog Treats are a simple and pure snack or treat option for dogs. Made with all-natural and locally sourced ingredients, these biscuits are free from gluten, wheat, dairy, and grains. Each flavor contains no more than 7 ingredients, making them suitable for sensitive dogs. Additionally, the company donates 5% of their net profits to local non-profit animal shelters and programs.
#3 – Old Mother Hubbard By Wellness Classic P-Nuttier Value Box Natural Dog Treats, Crunchy Oven-Baked Biscuits, Ideal for Training, Large Size, 6 Pound Box
The Old Mother Hubbard By Wellness Classic P-Nuttier Value Box Natural Dog Treats are large, crunchy biscuits made with peanut butter, apples, carrots, and molasses. These treats have a crunchy texture that helps clean your dog’s teeth while they chew. They are made in North America with high-quality ingredients and do not contain any artificial preservatives. With a variety of flavors and sizes available, these biscuits have been enjoyed by dogs since 1926.
#4 – Full Moon All Natural Human Grade Dog Treats, Essential Beef Savory Bites, 14 Ounce
Full Moon All Natural Human Grade Dog Treats, Essential Beef Savory Bites, are made with high quality, all-natural ingredients that meet USDA standards fit for human consumption. The treats are made from free-range beef raised on family farms and are free from glycerin, grains, corn, wheat, and soy. The treats are proudly made in the United States using regionally sourced ingredients, including USDA-approved free-range beef.
#5 – Wholesome Pride Apple Slices 100% All-Natural Single Ingredient, Soft, USA-Sourced Dog Treats, 8 oz
Wholesome Pride Apple Slices are soft, 100% natural dog treats made with dehydrated apples. They are free from artificial ingredients, fillers, and preservatives, making them suitable for dogs with food allergies or sensitive stomachs. These treats can be used for training without compromising your dog’s health, and they are sourced directly from USA farmers, ensuring high quality.
#6 – Full Moon All Natural Human Grade Dog Treats, Essential Beef Savory Sticks, 22 Ounce
Full Moon All Natural Human Grade Dog Treats are made with high quality, all-natural ingredients and meet strict USDA standards for human consumption. The Essential Beef Savory Sticks are made from free-range beef raised on family farms and are free from fillers, artificial flavors, preservatives, and colors. These treats are proudly made in the United States using regionally sourced ingredients, including USDA-approved free-range beef.
#7 – WILD NATURE All Natural Jerky Dog Treats | Duck, Chicken, and Beef Jerky Dog Treats Made in The USA | High Protein, Grain Free Superfood for Dogs | Perfect Training Treats for All Sized Dogs
The WILD NATURE All Natural Jerky Dog Treats are a variety pack of duck, chicken, and beef jerky sticks that are high in protein and grain-free. Made in the USA, these treats are free from wheat, corn, and soy, making them allergy-friendly. They contain high-quality, farm-raised meat as the first ingredient, along with superfoods like sweet potato, pumpkin, and blueberries to support overall wellness. These treats are perfect for training or rewarding dogs of all sizes, and with each purchase, a donation is made to protect nature in North America through the Conservation Alliance.
#8 – Afreschi Turkey Tendon Dog Treats for Signature Series, All Natural Human Grade Puppy Chew, Ingredient Sourced from USA, Hypoallergenic, Easy to Digest, Rawhide Alternative, 1 Unit/Pack Strip (Large)
The Afreschi Turkey Tendon Dog Treats for Signature Series is an all-natural, human-grade puppy chew made from turkey tendon sourced from the USA. It is hypoallergenic and easy to digest, serving as a rawhide alternative for dogs. The treat is high in protein and low in fat, providing a healthy and delicious option for dogs, especially those with sensitive stomachs. Additionally, the chewing action helps improve dental hygiene by reducing plaque and tartar buildup.
#9 – Ollie Beef and Sweet Potato Jerky Recipe Dog Treats – Dog Jerky Treats All Natural – Healthy Dog Treats – Beef Jerky for Dogs – Real Meat Dog Treats 5 Oz.
Ollie Beef and Sweet Potato Jerky Recipe Dog Treats are a natural and high-quality option for treating your dog. Made with human-grade ingredients and free from artificial flavors and preservatives, these treats are a healthy choice. They do not contain any preservatives, fillers, corn, wheat, soy, or meat byproducts. The beef and sweet potato flavor is part of a meat-first recipe, where beef is the first ingredient listed on the label. These treats should be given in moderation and not as meal replacements, making them a perfect snack or reward for your pup.
#10 – A Better Treat – Freeze Dried Salmon Dog Treats, Wild Caught, Single Ingredient | Natural High Value | Gluten Free, Grain Free, High Protein, Diabetic Friendly | Natural Fish Oil | Made in The USA
This product is a freeze-dried salmon dog treat that is made from 100% wild-caught Alaskan salmon. It is a high-value treat that is non-greasy and can be used for training, as a food topper, or as a reward. The treats are gluten-free, grain-free, and diabetic-friendly, making them suitable for pets with allergies or dietary restrictions. Additionally, salmon is a natural source of essential fatty acids that promote healthy skin and coats, as well as joint and heart support. The treats are sustainably sourced and made in the USA to ensure the highest quality.
What Should I Consider When Purchasing All Natural Dog Treats?
- Ingredient List: Look for treats with recognizable and simple ingredients. Avoid treats with artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors. The ingredients should be wholesome and familiar, such as named meats, vegetables, and grains.
- Nutritional Content: Check the nutritional analysis for protein, fat, fiber, and moisture content. Ensure the treats align with your dog’s specific dietary needs, especially if your dog has a medical condition or is overweight.
- Quality of Ingredients: Look for treats made with high-quality, human-grade ingredients. Avoid treats that use ‘meal’ or ‘by-products’ as these can be of lower quality.
- Source of Ingredients: Prefer treats that are transparent about where their ingredients are sourced from. Ideally, they should be sourced from reputable suppliers and, when possible, be organic or non-GMO.
- Allergen Awareness: If your dog has known food allergies or sensitivities, carefully check the ingredient list to avoid any potential allergens.
- Size and Texture of the Treats: Choose a size and texture that is appropriate for your dog’s size and chewing ability. This is especially important for small or senior dogs who may have difficulty with harder treats.
- Caloric Content: Consider the calorie count of the treats and factor this into your dog’s daily caloric intake to avoid overfeeding.
- Expiration Date and Preservation: Check the expiration date to ensure freshness. Natural treats might have a shorter shelf life due to the absence of artificial preservatives.
- Reputable Brands: Buy from established and reputable brands that have a history of quality and safety. Look for brands that have transparent manufacturing practices.
- Consultation with a Veterinarian: Before introducing a new type of treat into your dog’s diet, especially if your dog has health issues, it is wise to consult with a veterinarian.
Frequently Asked Questions About All Natural Dog Treats
- What does ‘all-natural’ mean in terms of dog treats? All-natural dog treats are made from ingredients that are free of artificial additives, preservatives, and chemicals. These ingredients are in their natural state and haven’t been heavily processed. Always check the label for a clear definition of “all-natural” as standards can vary between brands.
- Are all-natural dog treats healthier than regular treats? Generally, all-natural dog treats are healthier than regular treats because they are made from wholesome, real ingredients without artificial additives. However, it is important to check the label for the specific ingredients and nutrition content, as some natural treats may still be high in calories or fat.
- How can I verify the quality of the ingredients in all-natural dog treats? Look for treats that list specific, recognizable ingredients on the label, such as named meats, vegetables, and grains. Avoid products with vague terms like ‘meat by-products’. Also, seek treats from reputable brands that provide information about the sourcing of their ingredients.
- Can all-natural dog treats help with my dog’s allergies? All-natural dog treats can be a good option for dogs with allergies, as they typically contain simpler, more wholesome ingredients. Look for treats that are free from common allergens like wheat, soy, and artificial additives. Always consult with your veterinarian before introducing new treats to a dog with known allergies.
- Are all-natural dog treats safe for puppies? All-natural dog treats can be safe for puppies, but it is important to choose treats that are appropriate for a puppy’s size and developmental stage. Consult your vet before introducing new treats, and always supervise your puppy while they are enjoying a treat.
- Can all-natural dog treats expire? Yes, all-natural dog treats can expire, especially since they lack artificial preservatives. It is important to check the expiration date on the package and store the treats as directed to ensure freshness.
- Are all-natural dog treats more expensive than regular treats? All-natural dog treats can be more expensive than regular treats due to the higher quality and sourcing standards of their ingredients. However, many pet owners find the potential health benefits to be worth the extra cost.
- How often can I give my dog all-natural treats? While all-natural treats are generally a healthier option, they should still be given in moderation. Treats should make up no more than 10% of your dog’s daily caloric intake. Always consult with your vet for advice tailored to your dog’s specific needs.
- Can all-natural dog treats help improve my dog’s dental health? Some all-natural dog treats are designed to help clean teeth and promote oral health. Look for treats labeled as dental chews or those with a texture designed to reduce plaque and tartar. However, these treats are not a replacement for regular dental care.
- Where can I buy all-natural dog treats? All-natural dog treats are widely available. They can be found in pet stores, grocery stores, online retailers, and sometimes directly from the manufacturer. It is advisable to buy from reputable sources to ensure the quality and safety of the treats.
Conclusion: Best All-Natural Dog Treats
Choosing the best all-natural dog treats for your beloved pet doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By paying close attention to ingredient lists, sourcing practices, and the nutritional content of the treats, you can provide your dog with indulgent rewards that don’t compromise their health. Remember that treats are meant to be a special indulgence, so moderation is key. Always consult with your veterinarian before making significant changes to your dog’s diet, especially if they have specific health concerns. In the end, the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re treating your best friend to wholesome and natural delights is indeed priceless.