iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
Lamb has long been celebrated as a nutrient-rich, easily digestible protein source for our four-legged companions. As pet parents increasingly seek wholesome and natural options for their furry family members, lamb dog treats have emerged as a popular choice. Whether used for training, rewarding, or just showing love, these treats are more than just tasty indulgences. They can offer an array of nutritional benefits, making them not only delicious but healthful options. This article will delve into the top lamb dog treats available on the market, emphasizing their nutritional profiles, benefits, and key considerations for making the perfect selection for your canine companion.
#1 – Amazon Brand – Wag Freeze-Dried Raw Single Ingredient Dog Treats, Lamb Liver, 3.3oz
The Amazon Brand – Wag Freeze-Dried Raw Single Ingredient Dog Treats in the Lamb Liver flavor are made with 100% real lamb liver that is freeze-dried to preserve its freshness and flavor. These treats are sourced from New Zealand and Australia and are freeze-dried in the USA. They contain no added grain, corn, wheat, soy, potato, or egg, and do not have any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. The treats come in a convenient 3.3 oz resealable pouch.
#2 – Finley’s Dog Treat Lamb Training Bites Treats for Dogs Made in USA | All-Natural Protein Wheat Free Dog Treats | Healthy Dog Treat Bags (16 oz)
Finley’s Dog Treat Lamb Training Bites Treats for Dogs are soft and chewy treats made with all-natural protein. These training bites are nutrient-packed and free of fillers, wheat, corn, and soy, making them suitable for dogs with sensitivities and allergies. Each treat is low in calories, allowing for guilt-free training sessions, and they are made in the USA using high-quality ingredients.
#3 – ANGIEHAIE Dog Delights Chewy Lamb Stick Grass Feds No Additives No Artificial Preservatives No Antibiotics 35 OZ
The ANGIEHAIE Dog Delights Chewy Lamb Stick is a 35-ounce bag of grass-fed lamb sticks for dogs. The product claims to be free from additives, artificial preservatives, and antibiotics. It is marketed as a chewy dog treat option for pet owners who prioritize natural ingredients.
#4 – Pet ‘n Shape Lamb Jerky Dog Treats – 3 Ounce
Pet ‘n Shape Lamb Jerky Dog Treats are a naturally delicious option for training or rewarding your dog. Made from tantalizing lamb, these treats are free from artificial additives, colors, and preservatives. The treats can be broken up into smaller pieces, making them suitable for puppies, adult dogs, and senior dogs of all breeds. The resealable packaging ensures freshness, making these treats a convenient choice for pet owners.
#5 – Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Single Ingredient Lamb Heart Treats, 3 oz. Bag
Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Single Ingredient Lamb Heart Treats are a natural and healthy option for dogs. Made in the USA with one simple ingredient, pure freeze-dried raw lamb heart, these treats are suitable for pets with food sensitivities and limited ingredient diets. Adding raw meat to a dog’s diet can support healthy digestion, strong teeth and gums, vibrant skin and coat, and overall vitality. Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Single Ingredient Treats are a biologically-appropriate addition to any dog’s diet, satisfying their natural craving for raw meat.
#6 – Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Lamb Wild Weenies Dog Treats, 3.25 oz Bag
Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Lamb Wild Weenies Dog Treats are a popular choice for dog owners looking to provide their pets with a high-quality and nutritious snack. These treats are made with 97% lamb and organs, such as lamb liver, providing dogs with a tasty and protein-rich treat. The freeze-dried raw process helps to retain the nutritional value of the ingredients, offering added benefits to the dog’s digestion, teeth and gum health, and overall well-being. These treats are also convenient for training or rewarding purposes, making them a versatile option for dog owners.
#7 – Sojos Simply Lamb Freeze-Dried Dog Treats, 4 oz (Packaging May Vary)
Sojos Simply Lamb Freeze-Dried Dog Treats are a healthy and flavorful option for training or rewarding your dog. These bite-sized treats are made from 100% raw, freeze-dried lamb, providing a natural and delicious snack without any preservatives or artificial ingredients. The freeze-drying process locks in natural enzymes, vitamins, and minerals, making it a nutritious choice that is easy to grab and serve. With no added fillers or flavors, these treats are also suitable for pets with food sensitivities. Sojos’ gentle freeze-drying process ensures that the raw meat is safe for consumption without the use of heat or chemicals.
#8 – Dog Chits Lamb Lung Fillets The Original is Back! Dog and Puppy Treats – Easy to Break – Random Shape – All Natural – Great for Training – High Protein – Low Fat – Made in the USA – Large 10 oz. Bag
Dog Chits Lamb Lung Fillets is a dog treat product that is made with natural lamb lungs and does not contain any artificial additives. These treats are high in protein and low in fat, making them a nutritious option for all dogs. They are also easy to break and chew, making them suitable for dogs with dental issues. Additionally, Dog Chits treats are ideal for training purposes, as they are delicious and can keep dogs engaged during training sessions.
#9 – PLATO Thinkers Lamb 6.5oz, Natural (850002221848)
The PLATO Thinkers Lamb 6.5oz is a natural dog treat made with real New Zealand lamb as the main ingredient. These meat-packed sticks are enriched with EPA and DHA to support healthy brain function in dogs. They are free from corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors, flavors, and chemical preservatives. The treats can be given as a whole piece or broken into smaller sizes for training or rewarding purposes. They are made in California, USA, using responsibly sourced ingredients from around the world, and are air-dried in batches to enhance their palatability.
#10 – Dog Chits Lamb Ears Dog and Puppy Treats – All Natural Grain and Chemical Free Training Chews – High Protein and Low Fat – Supports Dental Health – Made in The USA – 25 Pack
The Dog Chits Lamb Ears Dog and Puppy Treats are all-natural, grain and chemical-free training chews for dogs. They are made in the USA and contain premium lamb ears that are baked to perfection to maintain their natural flavors and nutrients. These treats are healthy, rich in protein, and low in fat, making them an ideal snack for dogs of all ages. They are also perfect for training purposes, as the natural flavor and texture are highly appealing to dogs and can motivate them to learn new tricks. Additionally, these treats are great for dogs with sensitive stomachs and allergies, as they are easy to digest and do not contain any grains or gluten. Chewing on these treats also helps improve dental health by removing plaque and tartar, promoting healthy gums and preventing bad breath.
#11 – ACANA Singles Freeze-Dried Dog Treats, Limited Ingredient Grain Free Lamb & Apple Recipe, 3.25oz
ACANA Singles Freeze Dried Dog Treats are a limited-ingredient, grain-free option for dogs. Made with lamb, lamb liver, and apples, these treats are low in calories and ideal for training. The high-protein treats are freeze-dried to preserve nutrients and flavor, and they are made with just three simple ingredients. They are manufactured in the USA using quality ingredients from various locations worldwide.
What Are The Benefits of Lamb Treats for Dogs?
Lamb treats for dogs offer several significant benefits that contribute to the overall health and well-being of your furry friend. Here are some of the primary advantages:
- High-Quality Protein Source: Lamb is an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and maintaining strong muscles. Protein is a critical component of a dog’s diet, as it provides the necessary amino acids for various bodily functions.
- Hypoallergenic Option: For dogs with sensitivities or allergies to more common protein sources such as chicken or beef, lamb can be a hypoallergenic alternative. This means it is less likely to trigger allergic reactions, making it a suitable option for dogs with specific dietary needs.
- Rich in Essential Nutrients: Lamb is a natural source of essential vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins (especially B12), zinc, phosphorus, and iron. These nutrients are crucial for your dog’s immune system, energy production, and overall health.
- Omega Fatty Acids: Lamb contains beneficial fats, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These fats are essential for maintaining healthy skin and a shiny coat, as well as supporting brain health and reducing inflammation.
- Palatability and Enjoyment: Lamb has a distinct and often highly palatable flavor that many dogs find delicious. This makes lamb treats a great option for picky eaters or for use as a special reward during training sessions.
- Easy to Digest: Lamb is generally easy for dogs to digest, which makes lamb treats a good option for dogs with sensitive stomachs or those with certain gastrointestinal conditions.
- Variety in Diet: Offering lamb as a treat introduces a novel protein source to your dog’s diet, which can be beneficial for preventing food boredom and encouraging a varied, balanced diet.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lamb Dog Treats
- Are Duck Treats a Good Option for Dogs with Allergies?
- Yes, duck treats are often a suitable option for dogs with food sensitivities or allergies. Duck is considered a novel protein for many dogs, which means it’s less likely to cause an allergic reaction compared to more common proteins like beef or chicken. Always consult your vet before making significant changes to your dog’s diet.
- Are Duck Dog Treats Nutritious?
- Absolutely! Duck is a rich source of high-quality protein and contains essential nutrients such as B vitamins, phosphorus, and zinc. Look for treats made from pure duck, with minimal added ingredients, to provide the most nutritional benefit.
- Can Duck Treats Be High in Fat?
- Duck meat can be higher in fat compared to other protein sources. While fat is essential for dogs, in excess it can lead to obesity and other health problems. Therefore, it’s important to give duck treats in moderation.
- Are Duck Treats Suitable for Puppies?
- Most duck treats are safe for puppies, but always check the packaging for age recommendations. Make sure the treats are appropriate for your puppy’s size and always supervise them while they are eating.
- Can Duck Treats Help with My Dog’s Coat and Skin?
- Duck is a good source of Omega-6 fatty acids, which can contribute to a healthy coat and skin. Feeding your dog duck treats can therefore be a tasty way to promote skin and coat health.
- Are All Duck Dog Treats Created Equally?
- Not necessarily. It’s important to check the ingredients list and opt for treats that are made from high-quality, natural ingredients without artificial additives.
- How Often Should I Give My Dog Duck Treats?
- Treats, including duck treats, should make up no more than 10% of your dog’s daily caloric intake. Always follow the feeding guidelines on the packaging and consult your vet for personalized advice.
- Can Duck Treats Be Used for Training?
- Yes, duck treats can be an excellent reward during training sessions due to their palatability. Opt for small, easily chewable treats that won’t distract your dog for too long during training.
- How Should I Store Duck Dog Treats?
- To maintain freshness, duck treats should generally be stored in a cool, dry place. Always check the packaging for specific storage instructions.
- Can Duck Treats Upset My Dog’s Stomach?
- While duck is typically easy for dogs to digest, introducing any new food can potentially cause digestive upset. Start with small amounts, and if you notice signs of stomach upset, discontinue use and consult a vet.
Conclusion: Best Lamb Dog Treats
In a world filled with countless options for dog treats, lamb-based options stand out for their combination of taste and nutrition. Perfect for dogs with sensitivities to more common proteins or for those who simply enjoy the rich flavor of lamb, these treats can be a wonderful addition to your dog’s diet. As always, it’s paramount to consider the quality of the ingredients, the reputation of the brand, and the specific needs of your dog. By keeping these factors in mind, you can indulge your pet with confidence, knowing you are providing a treat that is as nutritious as it is delicious. Consult your veterinarian for personalized advice, and let the tail-wagging enjoyment of lamb dog treats begin!