iHeartDogs is reader-supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
In the realm of doggy delights, spreadable treats have carved out a unique niche, capturing the fascination of both pets and their owners. Not just limited to the traditional biscuit or chew, these spreadable indulgences offer a versatile way to reward, train, or simply pamper your furry friend. From the delectable peanut butter concoctions to more innovative blends, this article dives deep into the world of the best spreadable treats sure to make your canine companion’s tail wag with glee.
#1 – Visionary Pet Foods – Real Lamb Meat Spread for Dogs | Healthier Choice to Peanut Butter | Easy use as Dog Lick Mat Treat, Chew Toy Filler, Meal Mixers, or Pill Pockets – 10 Fl. Oz Jar
Visionary Pet Foods offers a Real Lamb Meat Spread for Dogs that serves as a healthier alternative to peanut butter. It is a low-calorie, natural, and nutritious treat that is packed with healthy fats and proteins. The meat spread is versatile and can be used as a pill pocket, training treat, food topper, or even as a chew toy filler or dog lick mat treat. It is suitable for all dogs regardless of size or breed and is made in the USA with an emphasis on quality and ethical sourcing.
#2 – KONG – Easy Treat – Dog Treat Paste – 8 Ounce – Peanut Butter
The KONG Easy Treat Dog Treat Paste is a range of delicious flavors that aim to engage and delight dogs. It is conveniently dispensed from a can, ensuring a mess-free experience. The paste can also be used to stuff KONG toys, extending playtime for dogs. Additionally, it is made in the USA to cater to dogs’ instinctual needs for chewing and playing.
#3 – INABA Churu for Dogs, Grain-Free, Lickable, Squeezable Creamy Purée Dog Treat/Topper with Vitamin E, 1.69 Ounces Each Tube, 18 Tubes Total (3 per Pack) (3 Flavor Variety)
The INABA Churu for Dogs is a grain-free dog treat/topper that comes in a creamy purée form. It is made with wholesome ingredients such as farm-raised chicken and natural wild-caught tuna. Each tube contains 91% moisture and only 20 calories, making it a hydrating snack for dogs without adding excessive calories. The Mega Churu version is thicker and larger than the original Churu, but it still maintains its grain-free and preservative-free qualities. It can be used for training, as a pill disguise, or as a topper for wet or dry dog food.
#4 – Visionary Pet Foods Natural Meat Spread for Dogs | Beef and Tallow | Healthier Alternative to Peanut Butter | Easy to use as Chew Toy Filler, Meal Mixer, Pill Paste and Lick Mats 12 Fl. Oz Jar
The Visionary Pet Foods Natural Meat Spread for Dogs is a high protein, low carb alternative to traditional peanut butter. Made with only two ingredients, beef, and tallow, this product aims to support the health and vitality of dogs. It can be used in various ways, such as a chew toy filler, meal mixer, pill paste, or a lick mat. Suitable for dogs of all sizes and breeds, this meat spread is made in the USA with a focus on quality and ethical sourcing.
#5 – BUDDY BUDDER Bark Bistro Company, Ruff Ruff Raw, 100% Natural Dog Peanut Butter, Healthy Peanut Butter Dog Treats, Dog Enrichment, Dog Pill Pocket, Made in USA, (17 oz Jars)
BUDDY BUDDER Bark Bistro Company offers 100% natural dog peanut butter that is made with only two ingredients – peanuts and honey. It does not contain any harmful additives such as high fructose corn syrup, artificial sugar, or salts. The peanut butter can be refrigerated to thicken it, making it easier to use as a stuffing for dog enrichment toys or as a pill pocket. Suitable for all dogs, it can be enjoyed in various ways such as from a spoon, as a baking ingredient, or frozen treats. The product is made in the USA using high-quality ingredients sourced locally.
#6 – BUDDY BUDDER Bark Bistro Company, Superberry Snoot + Barkin Banana + Pumpkin Pup, 100% Natural Dog Peanut Butter, Healthy Dog Treats – Made in USA (Set of 3 / 17oz)
Buddy Budder Bark Bistro Company offers Superberry Snoot, Barkin Banana, and Pumpkin Pup, a set of three 100% natural dog peanut butter. The peanut butter is made in the USA and does not contain high fructose corn syrup, stabilizers, xylitol, artificial sugar, or salts. It can be refrigerated to thicken and used as a pill pocket or stuffed inside dog enrichment toys. Suitable for all dogs, the peanut butter can be enjoyed from a spoon, used in baked treats, or frozen with silicone molds.
#7 – BUDDY BUDDER Bark Bistro Company, Beef Broth, 100% Natural Dog Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Dog Treats, Stuff in Toy, Dog Pill Pocket, Made in USA (17oz)
The BUDDY BUDDER Bark Bistro Company offers a 17oz jar of 100% natural dog peanut butter that is made in the USA. It is made with only two ingredients, peanuts and honey, and does not contain any harmful additives or artificial ingredients. The peanut butter can be refrigerated to thicken it for stuffing in dog toys or to use as a pill pocket. It is suitable for all dogs, but pet parents should consider their dog’s sensitivity to new treats.
#8 – Mighty Paw Bark’n Butter Peanut Butter for Dogs (2 Pack) | 100% Natural Single Ingredient Dog Peanut Butter. Dog Safe Peanut Butter Snack. Spreadable Peanuts for Pets. Made in USA
Mighty Paw Bark’n Butter Peanut Butter for Dogs is a natural, single-ingredient peanut butter made in the USA. It is free from harmful ingredients such as Xylitol and Palm Oil, making it a safe choice for pet owners. In addition to being a tasty treat, Bark’n Butter can also be used to administer medication to dogs, making medicine time less stressful. The recyclable jars also demonstrate the brand’s commitment to the environment.
#9 – giv soft butter Dog Peanut Butter – Dog Treats – Dog Food for Pill Pockets for Dogs and Lick mat for Dogs – Dog Training Treats – Protein Snacks – Healthy Snacks 12oz jar
The Giv Soft Butter Dog Peanut Butter is a 12oz jar of all-natural dog treat nut butter that can be used in various ways such as with a dog lick mat, as a dog pill pocket, puppy food, puppy treats, and dog training treats. Made in the USA, this peanut butter is created with only two ingredients – roasted peanuts and honey – making it a nutrient-dense option for dogs. It is grain-free and contains no hydrogenated oils, stabilizers, palm oil, salt, high fructose corn syrup, or xylitol, making it a healthy option for dogs of all sizes.
#10 – Hyper Pet IQ Treat Spread Dog Peanut Butter (100% Natural-Xylitol Free Peanut Butter for Dogs-Use IQ Treat Mat Lick Mat for Dogs) Dog Treats, Dog Snacks & Pill Pockets for Dogs-Banana
The Hyper Pet IQ Treat Spread Dog Peanut Butter is a 100% natural and xylitol-free peanut butter designed specifically for dogs. It is made in the USA using roasted peanuts, bananas, chia seeds, and honey, providing dogs with protein, healthy fats, and essential vitamins. This peanut butter can be used as a dog training treat and can be spread on various dog treats and biscuits, used with slow-feed treat mats and bowls, and even refrigerated to create pill pockets for dogs. It is available in other flavors such as bacon, pumpkin, and natural peanut butter.
What Are Some Fun Things to Do with Spreadable Dog Treats?
Certainly! Spreadable dog treats open up a world of fun and engaging activities for your dog. Here are some innovative ways to utilize them:
- Toy Stuffing: One of the most popular uses is to stuff spreadable treats inside hollow toys like KONGs. This offers a challenging and rewarding puzzle for your dog as they work to lick out every last bit.
- Training Tool: Use a little dab of the spreadable treat as a quick reward when teaching commands or tricks. It can motivate and capture their attention, especially if the treat is particularly delectable to them.
- Bake with Them: Some spreadable treats can be added to homemade dog treat recipes for an added flavor boost. Just ensure all ingredients are safe for dogs.
- Frozen Delights: During hot weather, you can spread the treat on an ice cube tray or silicone mold and freeze. It’s a refreshing and tasty treat that also helps keep your dog cool.
- Hide and Seek: Apply a little bit of the treat on various spots around your yard or home. It can be a fun game as your dog sniffs around trying to find all the treat spots.
- Medication Helper: If your dog is reluctant to take medication, disguising it with a spreadable treat can be an effective way to ensure they ingest their required dose.
- Treat-Infused Rope Toy: Spread the treat along a rope toy and let your dog have fun trying to get it all off. It’s both a play session and a treat session in one!
- Dental Care: Some spreadable treats are formulated to promote dental health. Spreading them on chew toys can be a fun way to support your dog’s oral hygiene.
- Lick Mats: Designed with textures and grooves, lick mats can be smeared with the spreadable treat to engage your dog in a prolonged licking session, which can be soothing and reduce anxiety.
- Agility Course Reward: If you’re running agility courses or other training sessions, a dab of the spreadable treat can be a quick reward at various stages.
Remember, while spreadable treats can be fun and rewarding, moderation is essential. Too much of any treat can lead to dietary imbalances or upset stomachs. Always monitor your dog’s reaction to a new treat and consult with your veterinarian if you have any dietary concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions About Spreadable Dog Treats
1. What are spreadable dog treats?
- Spreadable dog treats are creamy or paste-like treats that can be spread on toys, lick mats, or given directly to dogs. They provide an engaging and tasty reward, often packed with flavors dogs love, like peanut butter, cheese, or meat.
2. Are spreadable dog treats safe for all dogs?
- While most spreadable treats are designed to be safe for dogs, always check the ingredients. Ensure there are no harmful substances (like xylitol in peanut butter) and always introduce any new treat in moderation to observe for allergic reactions or digestive issues.
3. How often can I give my dog spreadable treats?
- Spreadable treats should be given in moderation, akin to any other treat. Depending on the treat’s nutritional content and your dog’s size and dietary needs, it can range from a small daily treat to a few times a week.
4. Can I use regular peanut butter as a spreadable treat?
- Yes, but with caution. Always choose natural peanut butter without added salt, sugar, or artificial sweeteners, especially xylitol, which is toxic to dogs. Check the ingredient list carefully.
5. How do I store spreadable dog treats?
- Storage instructions may vary based on the treat. Some may need refrigeration after opening, while others can be stored in a cool, dry place. Always refer to the product’s label for specific guidelines.
6. Can I make homemade spreadable dog treats?
- Absolutely! There are many recipes online for DIY spreadable dog treats. Just ensure all ingredients are dog-safe and avoid ingredients known to be harmful, like grapes, chocolate, or onions.
7. Do spreadable treats have any dental benefits for dogs?
- Some spreadable treats are formulated to promote dental health, but not all. If dental care is a priority, look for treats that specify dental benefits on the label or consult your vet for recommendations.
8. My dog has a sensitive stomach. Are there spreadable treats suitable for him?
- Yes, there are spreadable treats formulated for dogs with sensitive stomachs or specific dietary needs. Always introduce any new treat slowly and monitor your dog for any signs of digestive discomfort.
9. Can puppies have spreadable dog treats?
- While many spreadable treats are safe for puppies, always check the age recommendations on the product. Ensure the treat is appropriate for their size and developmental stage and avoid giving them in large quantities.
10. Can spreadable treats be used as a meal replacement?
- No, spreadable treats are meant as a supplement or reward and shouldn’t replace a balanced meal. They might not provide the complete nutrition your dog requires for their daily needs.
Conclusion: Best Spreadable Treats for Dogs
Spreadable treats have revolutionized the way we reward our four-legged friends, offering a delightful mix of taste and texture that dogs find irresistible. Whether you’re using them to stuff toys, dollop on a snack, or just give a straight-up lick, these treats not only enrich feeding time but also fortify the bond between pet and owner. As always, while variety is the spice of life, moderation is key. Ensure you opt for high-quality products and consult with your veterinarian about any dietary concerns. With the right spreadable treat in hand, every day can be a flavor-filled adventure for your pup!