iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
Dehydrated dog treats are increasingly gaining popularity among pet owners—and for good reason. These treats offer a perfect balance of nutrition and convenience, as they preserve the natural flavors and nutrients of the ingredients through a gentle drying process. Dehydrated treats are free from artificial preservatives, making them a wholesome and natural option for rewarding your furry friend. In this article, we will explore the best dehydrated dog treats available on the market, and discuss why they are a standout choice for conscious pet owners looking to spoil their pets without compromising on their health.
#1 – PUPDAWGS Beef Lung Dog Treats Made in USA | Single Ingredient Dog Treat | Low Odor Dog Treats | Dehydrated Beef Lung Dog Treats | Beef Lung Bites Training Treats (2.5lb Package)
PUPDAWGS Beef Lung Dog Treats are made in the USA using single-ingredient, all-natural beef lungs. These treats are designed to make training easier, with a delicious hickory smoked flavor that dogs love. They are nutrient-rich, high in protein, and low in fat, making them a healthy option for dogs of all sizes. Additionally, they are grain-free and gluten-free, making them suitable for dogs with allergies or dietary sensitivities.
#2 – Mighty Paw Naturals Chicken Feet Dog Treats (30 Pack) | 100% Natural Dehydrated Chicken Feet for Dogs. Dried Chicken Feet for Dogs and Pets. Single Ingredient Puppy, and Dog Chicken Feet Chews
The Mighty Paw Naturals Chicken Feet Dog Treats are 100% natural and single-ingredient treats made from high-quality chicken feet. These treats are slow-dried to retain their flavor and nutrients, and they do not contain any artificial additives or preservatives. With a crunchy texture, these treats are suitable for picky eaters and dogs with allergies to other proteins. They are also rich in protein and glucosamine & chondroitin, which can support muscle and joint health. The treats are hand-inspected and packaged in the USA.
#3 – Pet Craft Supply All Natural Dehydrated Beef Liver Treats Single Ingredient Human Grade for Small Medium Large Dog Senior Puppy Training Protein Rich Healthy Vitamins No Additives Made in Canada
Pet Craft Supply All Natural Dehydrated Beef Liver Treats are a single-ingredient, human-grade product made in Canada. The treats are slowly dehydrated to retain the maximum amount of nutrients, providing organic and healthy options for pets. These treats are high in protein and vitamins, low in fat and free of gluten, soy, and grains. Perfect for training or rewarding pets, these treats are sourced from federally inspected plants and made in small batches to ensure quality. The company also offers a promise to address any concerns or issues with the product.
#4 – IMK9 Freeze Dried Chicken Hearts for Dogs – Natural Taurine, Better Than Liver for Cats, USDA Certified, Single Dehydrated Ingredient for Pets & Puppy Training – No Grain, Gluten – Made in USA
IMK9 Freeze Dried Chicken Hearts for Dogs are a natural and nutritious treat that dogs love. Made with 100% freeze-dried chicken hearts, these treats contain no grain, soy, gluten, or artificial additives. Organ meats like chicken hearts are rich in essential nutrients such as B vitamins, protein, and taurine, which can support overall health in pets. Made in the USA with high food standards, these treats offer a healthy and delicious option for dogs, backed by a 100% money-back guarantee.
#5 – Chasing Our Tails Naturally Dehydrated Beef Heart For Pets, 5-Ounce
Chasing Our Tails Naturally Dehydrated Beef Heart is a 5-ounce pet food product that is made in the USA. It is sourced from grass-fed cattle in the United States and does not contain any added hormones or antibiotics. This product does not include any fillers, by-products, or animal meals, making it a suitable choice for customers following a raw diet for their pets.
#6 – Open Farm Beef Dehydrated Dog Treats, 4.5-oz
The Open Farm Beef Dehydrated Dog Treats are a 4.5-oz pack of treats made with grass-fed beef. They are free of artificial flavors or preservatives and use traceable ingredients, ensuring transparency in the sourcing process. These treats provide a natural and healthy option for dog owners looking to reward their pets without compromising on quality.
#7 – PAWUP Cod Skins Dog Treat, Chew Fish Skins Rolls w/Taurine, One-Ingredient Grain Free Healthy Dog Treat, Rich in Omega3, 8 oz
The PAWUP Cod Skins Dog Treat is a one-ingredient, grain-free dog treat made from cod grown in pollution-free waters. The cod skins are hand rolled and dehydrated to preserve their flavor and make them suitable for chewing, which can help reduce tartar and plaque. The treats are nutritious, rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, and contain added taurine for heart, eye, and joint health. They are made with natural, healthy ingredients and are free from artificial colors and fragrances. Additionally, customers can explore other delicious and healthy products from Pawup’s range of dog treats.
#8 – BRUTUS & BARNABY Chicken Jerky Dog Treats- Dehydrated Crunchy USA Premium Fillets, Grain-Free, Preservative-Free, No Fillers. All Natural Chicken Strips are Great for Dogs and Cats (10oz)
The BRUTUS & BARNABY Chicken Jerky Dog Treats are dehydrated, crunchy fillets made from premium USA chicken. These treats are grain-free, preservative-free, and have no fillers, making them a natural option for both dogs and cats. The thicker cut of the chicken breast slices allows for larger pieces that are not brittle or flaky and can be torn into smaller pieces as needed. They are great for dogs with sensitive stomachs due to their low-fat content and are minimally processed with no additives. These treats also serve as a training reward and closely resemble a raw diet. The brand guarantees customer satisfaction and offers a hassle-free return policy if needed.
#9 – Riley’s Premium Dehydrated Lamb Lung Dog Treats – Sourced in USA, Made in USA – Air Dried Crunchy & Delicious Lamb Dog Treats – 6 oz
Riley’s Premium Dehydrated Lamb Lung Dog Treats are single-ingredient treats made from USDA-certified lamb lung. Sourced and produced in the USA, these treats are of high quality. They are easily breakable, making them suitable for training sessions, and their crunchy texture and real lamb flavor make them a popular choice among dogs.
#10 – BRUTUS & BARNABY Thick Cut Sweet Potato Dog Treat Full Slices – Single Ingredient Dried Sweet Potato Dog Treats – Vegan Low Fat All Natural Dog Treats – Healthy Dog Treats with No Added Preservatives
The BRUTUS & BARNABY Thick Cut Sweet Potato Dog Treat Full Slices are a single-ingredient dried sweet potato treat for dogs. These vegan, low-fat treats contain no added preservatives and are made from natural ingredients. They provide dogs with natural vitamins and minerals and can be given guilt-free due to their zero fat and no added sugar content. These treats are also gluten-free and grain-free, making them suitable for dogs on a raw food diet or those with allergies. They are easy to chew and digest, making them suitable for dogs of all ages.
What Should I Consider When Shopping for Dehydrated Dog Treats?
When shopping for dehydrated dog treats, it’s essential to consider several factors to ensure you are choosing the best option for your furry friend. Here are some key considerations:
- Ingredients: Look for treats made from high-quality, whole-food ingredients. Avoid treats with artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors. The ingredient list should be simple and recognizable, with meat, fruits, or vegetables listed as the primary ingredients.
- Nutritional Content: Check the nutritional analysis on the packaging. Opt for treats with high protein content and low in fats and carbohydrates, especially if your dog has specific dietary needs.
- Source of Ingredients: It is advisable to choose treats made from ingredients that are sustainably and responsibly sourced. Look for indications that the meat used is human-grade and free from antibiotics and hormones.
- Allergen Information: If your dog has a food allergy or sensitivity, check the label carefully for potential allergens. Some common allergens for dogs include wheat, soy, and dairy.
- Size and Texture: Consider your dog’s size and chewing habits. Some dehydrated treats can be quite hard, which might not be suitable for puppies, senior dogs, or dogs with dental issues.
- Brand Reputation: Choose treats from a reputable brand that has good reviews and adheres to high manufacturing standards. Look for certifications that indicate quality control, such as those from the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- Price and Value: While dehydrated dog treats can be more expensive due to their high-quality ingredients and manufacturing process, it’s important to consider the value you are getting. Compare the quantity and quality of different products within your budget.
- Purpose of the Treat: Are these treats for training, reward, or dietary supplementation? For training, you might want smaller, low-calorie treats. For rewarding or supplementing diet, larger, more substantial treats may be appropriate.
- Shelf Life and Storage: Check the expiration date and storage requirements. Dehydrated treats should have a long shelf life if stored correctly, but it’s still important to buy fresh products.
- Return Policy and Guarantee: Look for companies that stand behind the quality of their products, offering a satisfaction guarantee or a straightforward return policy if the treats are not to your or your dog’s liking.
In summary, when shopping for dehydrated dog treats, prioritize quality ingredients, nutritional content, and the suitability of the treats for your dog’s specific needs and preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dehydrated Dog Treats
- What are dehydrated dog treats? Dehydrated dog treats are made by removing the moisture from the ingredients through a slow and low-temperature drying process. This method preserves the natural nutrients in the ingredients, resulting in a wholesome, long-lasting, and easy-to-store treat for dogs. These treats can be made from meats, fruits, vegetables, or a combination of these ingredients.
- Are dehydrated dog treats safe for my pet? Generally, dehydrated dog treats are safe and are often considered a healthier alternative to highly processed treats. Because they are made without artificial preservatives, they maintain more of their natural nutrient content. However, always supervise your dog when giving any treat, and ensure the product is appropriate for your dog’s size and health condition.
- Can dehydrated treats replace a regular diet for my dog? No, dehydrated treats are meant to be used as a supplement to your dog’s regular diet and should not replace a complete and balanced meal. While they are made from nutrient-rich ingredients, they are not formulated to meet all the nutritional needs of a dog. Treats should make up no more than 10% of your pet’s daily caloric intake.
- Do dehydrated dog treats have a long shelf life? Yes, the dehydration process removes moisture, which is the main factor in food spoilage. As a result, dehydrated dog treats typically have a long shelf life, often exceeding a year, if stored in a cool, dry place.
- Are dehydrated dog treats suitable for dogs with food allergies? Dehydrated dog treats can be an excellent option for dogs with food allergies as they often consist of a single ingredient, such as a type of meat or vegetable. Always check the label for additional ingredients and consult with your vet before introducing a new treat to your dog’s diet.
- How do I rehydrate these treats if my dog prefers softer food? To rehydrate dehydrated dog treats, simply soak them in warm water until they reach the desired consistency. This can make them easier for senior dogs or dogs with dental issues to consume. Make sure to refrigerate any leftovers and consume them quickly.
- Are dehydrated dog treats good for my dog’s teeth? Many dehydrated treats, especially those made from meats, can help to remove plaque from your dog’s teeth as they chew, promoting healthier gums and reducing bad breath. However, they are not a replacement for regular dental care practices such as brushing.
- Can puppies eat dehydrated dog treats? Generally, dehydrated dog treats can be safe for puppies, but it’s best to wait until a puppy is fully weaned and has started eating solid food regularly. Always consult with your vet before introducing a new type of treat to your puppy’s diet, and choose treats appropriate for their size and stage of development.
- Can I make dehydrated dog treats at home? Yes, you can make dehydrated dog treats at home using a dehydrator or a low-temperature setting in your oven. Popular options for homemade dehydrated treats include sweet potatoes, apples, and lean meats like chicken or beef. Make sure to remove all seeds and bones before dehydrating.
- Are dehydrated dog treats calorie-dense? Dehydrated dog treats can be calorie-dense since the moisture is removed, concentrating the nutrients and calories. It is important to give these treats in moderation and factor them into your dog’s total daily caloric intake to prevent overfeeding and weight gain.
Conclusion: Best Dehydrated Dog Treats
In conclusion, dehydrated dog treats are a fantastic option for dog owners seeking a nutritious and convenient way to reward their pets. These treats are not only delicious and appealing to dogs, but they also retain the majority of their natural nutrients due to the minimal processing they undergo. Whether your dog has specific dietary needs or you are simply looking for a healthier treat option, dehydrated dog treats are a superb choice. We hope this guide has helped you discover the best-dehydrated treats for your furry friend, ensuring they get a taste they love and the nutrition they deserve.