iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
The world of herbal remedies is a vast one, with nature offering a bounty of benefits for our health and well-being. This also extends to our canine companions. Chamomile, renowned for its soothing properties, is one such herb that can be beneficial for dogs, provided it’s administered correctly and in the right dosage. In this article, we will explore some of the best chamomile supplements available in the market for dogs, and help you make an informed choice for your beloved pet.
#1 – Chamomile Extract Liquid | 2 fl oz | Alcohol Free | Vegetarian, Non-GMO, Gluten Free Tincture | by Horbaach
Horbaach’s Chamomile Extract Liquid is a 2 fl oz tincture that is alcohol-free and suitable for vegetarians. This liquid extract is made from chamomile, a flower traditionally used for relaxation and promoting restful sleep. It is free from gluten, wheat, yeast, milk, lactose, soy, artificial color, and flavoring, making it a natural and trusted choice for those seeking the benefits of chamomile extract. Horbaach is a reputable manufacturer known for their laboratory-tested and superior quality products, and they offer a 100% guarantee on their products.
#2 – iHeartDogs 9-in-1 Calming Chews for Dogs – Dog Anxiety Relief Bites with Hemp, Melatonin, Chamomile, Passion Flower, Valerian Root & Probiotic – Dog Calming Treats for Anxiety and Stress
The iHeartDogs 9-in-1 Calming Chews for Dogs is a natural solution to help relieve anxiety and stress in dogs. The chews contain a blend of powerful ingredients including hemp, melatonin, chamomile, passion flower, valerian root, and probiotics. They may also help promote better sleep by easing hyperactivity, restlessness, separation anxiety, insomnia, and phobias. Additionally, the treats are allergy-friendly, made in the USA, and for each purchase, 14 healthy meals are provided to shelter dogs.
#3 – SmartBones Calming Care Sticks 16 Count, Rawhide-Free Chews For Dogs, With Chamomile And Lavender, 7.9 ounces, package may vary
SmartBones Calming Care Sticks are rawhide-free chews for dogs that are made with real chicken and vegetables. They contain chamomile and lavender, which are known for their calming properties. These chews are easy to digest and enriched with vitamins and minerals to support overall health. Chewing on these sticks can also help maintain healthy teeth in dogs.
#4 – Calming Chews for Dogs – 90 Dog Chews Dietary Supplement – Dog Calming Aid with Chamomile and Melatonin – Promotes Dog Anxiety Relief, Soothing Effect, Better Sleep
The Earthgenics Calming Chews for Dogs are a dietary supplement designed to promote anxiety relief and better sleep for dogs. Made with a blend of natural ingredients including chamomile, ginger, and melatonin, these soft treats are easily absorbed and act rapidly to soothe and calm dogs in stressful situations. With a delicious flavor that even picky eaters will enjoy, these treats are made with quality and safety in mind, complying with international standards and manufactured under strict supervision and testing.
#5 – Nutrition Strength Chamomile for Dogs Complex to Support Relaxation, Stimulate Calmness & Promote Composure, with Chamomile + Valerian Root, Passionflower, Rosemary & L-Tryptophan, 90 Soft Chews
Nutrition Strength Chamomile for Dogs Complex is a non-GMO and human grade supplement designed to support relaxation and promote calmness in dogs. The soft chews contain a proprietary blend of chamomile, valerian root, passionflower, rosemary, l-tryptophan, l-theanine, magnesium citrate, and taurine. These ingredients have been traditionally used for various conditions such as sleeplessness, anxiety, stress, and gastrointestinal issues. With a 365-day guarantee, the company aims to ensure customer satisfaction.
#6 – Nutri-Vet Pet-Ease Soft Chews for Dogs – Vet Formulated with Chamomile and Tryptophan to Soothe and Calm Dogs – Approximately 65 Soft Chews
The Nutri-Vet Pet-Ease Soft Chews for Dogs are a calming supplement designed to soothe and relax dogs. Formulated by veterinarians, these soft chews contain chamomile and tryptophan to help keep pets calm. Additionally, the inclusion of ginger can aid in relieving indigestion and nausea associated with motion sickness, while taurine works as an inhibitory neurotransmitter to potentially help curb destructive behavior. Made in the USA with high-quality ingredients, Nutri-Vet Pet-Ease Soft Chews are backed by the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) quality seal.
#7 – Zesty Paws OraStix for Dogs – Calming Dental Sticks for Stress with Hemp Melatonin Chamomile Dog Healthy Teeth and Gums Calm Composure for Fireworks and Thunderstorms 12oz
Zesty Paws OraStix for Dogs are dental sticks designed to help nervous, tense, or hyperactive dogs stay calm and relaxed. These premium dog sticks contain Suntheanine, a clinically studied form of L-Theanine, which promotes relaxation and calmness in dogs. They also include other ingredients such as Melatonin, Magnesium Citrate, Chamomile, Valerian Root, Taurine, and Hemp Seed to provide additional support. In addition to promoting calmness, these dental sticks also support periodontal health with a proprietary Healthy Teeth & Gum Complex.
#8 – Pet Honesty Melatonin Calming for Dogs – Natural Dog Anxiety Relief with Chamomile + L-Theanine, Soft Calming Chews for Dogs Helps Aid with Stress, Thunder, Fireworks, Chewing, Barking (90 Count)
The Pet Honesty Melatonin Calming for Dogs is a natural anxiety relief supplement designed to help dogs feel calm and relaxed. It contains ingredients such as melatonin, chamomile, and L-theanine, which work together to soothe the mind and promote a sense of calm. These chews may also help reduce hyperactivity and destructive behavior in dogs, promoting a more balanced demeanor. The product is made with natural and premium ingredients and is formulated without corn, wheat, or soy.
What Are The Benefits of Lavender for Dogs?
Lavender offers several benefits for dogs, just as it does for humans. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Calming effect: Lavender is well-known for its calming and relaxing properties. It can help to reduce anxiety in dogs, particularly during stressful situations such as thunderstorms, fireworks, or trips to the vet.
- Sleep aid: The calming effect of lavender can also help to promote better sleep. This can be particularly beneficial for dogs that have trouble settling down at night or are affected by conditions that disrupt their sleep.
- Skin health: Lavender has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which can help to soothe and heal minor skin irritations and wounds.
- Insect repellent: Lavender oil is a natural repellent for ticks and fleas, and can be used as a preventative measure to keep these pests away.
Remember, it’s important to use lavender in moderation and in a form that’s safe for dogs. Essential oils should be used with caution, and it’s always best to consult with a veterinarian before using lavender or any other herbal remedies on your dog.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lavender for Calming Dogs
- Is lavender safe for dogs? Yes, lavender is generally safe for dogs. However, it should be used in moderation and under the guidance of a veterinarian. It’s important to ensure that the lavender product you’re using is free from harmful additives or chemicals.
- How does lavender help to calm dogs? Lavender has a calming effect on the nervous system which can reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. Its soothing aroma can help to alleviate stress in dogs during stressful situations such as thunderstorms or trips to the vet.
- Can I use lavender essential oil directly on my dog? It’s recommended to dilute essential oils before using them on dogs. Lavender essential oil can be mixed with a carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil. Always test a small area first to ensure your dog doesn’t have an adverse reaction.
- Can I use a lavender diffuser around my dog? Yes, a lavender diffuser can be used to create a calming environment for your dog. However, make sure your dog can leave the room if they want to as the scent may be too strong for them.
- Does lavender help dogs sleep? Yes, the calming properties of lavender can promote better sleep in dogs. It can be particularly beneficial for dogs that have trouble settling down at night.
- Can lavender help with my dog’s skin irritations? Lavender has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe minor skin irritations and promote healing. Always consult your vet before using lavender oil on your dog’s skin.
- How can I use lavender to repel fleas and ticks? Lavender oil can be mixed with water and sprayed on your dog’s coat as a natural flea and tick repellent. Always avoid your dog’s face and eyes.
- Are there any side effects of using lavender on dogs? While lavender is generally safe, some dogs may have allergic reactions. Symptoms may include skin irritations, vomiting, or nausea. If you notice any adverse reactions, stop using lavender and consult your vet immediately.
- Can I use lavender on my puppy? It’s always best to consult with your vet before introducing any new substances, including lavender, to your puppy. Puppies have more sensitive skin and their bodies might react differently than adult dogs.
- What type of lavender is best for dogs? Lavender in its pure form, free from harmful additives or chemicals, is best. Look for products specifically designed for dogs or high-quality, pure, therapeutic-grade lavender oil.
Conclusion: Best Chamomile Supplement for Dogs
Choosing the right supplement for your pet is a crucial aspect of their overall health care and maintenance. A chamomile supplement can bring a myriad of benefits to your dog, from easing anxiety to supporting digestive health. While we’ve explored some of the best options available, always remember that each dog is unique and may respond differently to supplements. It’s essential to consult with your veterinarian before introducing any new supplement into your dog’s diet. Trust your instincts, trust your vet, and with the right knowledge, you’ll surely find the best chamomile supplement that suits your dog’s needs.