iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
For many dog owners, finding natural ways to promote calmness, alleviate anxiety, and maintain overall wellness in their furry friends is a priority. One holistic approach that has gained popularity is the use of lavender, known for its soothing properties and pleasant aroma. From supplements and treats to sprays, there are a variety of products that harness the power of this aromatic herb. This article delves into the best lavender-infused options for your canine companion, helping you to navigate the choices and understand how they can contribute to your dog’s health and well-being.
#1 – Isle of Dogs – Everyday Essentials Chillout Mini Oven Baked Dog Treats – Calming Lavender and Lemon Balm – Crunchy Bone-Shaped Biscuits with Natural Wholesome Ingredients – Made in The USA – 12 Oz
Isle of Dogs Everyday Essentials Chillout Mini Oven Baked Dog Treats are specially formulated to help dogs relax during stressful situations. Made with all-natural calming ingredients like lavender, lemon balm, and vanilla, these crunchy biscuits provide a satisfying crunch and are perfect for on-the-go or training rewards. The treats are 100% natural and made from whole food sources, without any synthetic vitamins or additives. Manufactured in the USA with high-quality natural ingredients, these treats are part of Isle of Dogs’ line of health and beauty products for dogs.
#2 – Bocce’s Bakery Oven Baked Bedtime Tea Treats for Dogs, Wheat-Free Everyday Dog Treats, Made with Real Ingredients, Baked in The USA, All-Natural Biscuits, Banana, Vanilla, & Lavender, 5 oz
Bocce’s Bakery Oven Baked Bedtime Tea Treats for Dogs are all-natural biscuits made with real ingredients. These wheat-free treats are baked in the USA and contain only four ingredients: oat flour, banana, vanilla, and lavender. With just 12 calories per treat, these biscuits are perfect for everyday treating and are free from artificial ingredients or preservatives. Bocce’s Bakery was founded with the mission of providing better food for furry friends, using fresher, simpler, and all-natural ingredients.
#3 – Bodhi Dog Natural Dog Calming Spray | Premium Lavender Scented Deodorizing Spray for Dogs and Cats | Supports Relief For Travel, Vet Visits and Kennel Stays | Made in USA (Calming Lavender, 8 Fl Oz)
The Bodhi Dog Natural Dog Calming Spray is a lavender-scented deodorizing spray for dogs and cats. It aims to support relief for travel, vet visits, and kennel stays. The product is made in the USA and is recommended by vets and groomers for pets of all ages with normal or sensitive skin. Additionally, the spray leaves the coat silky soft and contains natural conditioners to detangle and condition the fur. The product is made by a small family-owned business that is committed to using sustainable ingredients and eco-friendly packaging.
#4 – Wags & Wiggles Simmer Down Calming Treats for Dogs, Chicken Flavor, 5.5 oz Resealable Bag | Helps Maintain Relaxation | Functional Treats for Dogs with Lavender and Chamomile
Wags & Wiggles Simmer Down Calming Treats for Dogs are a functional treat designed to help maintain relaxation in dogs. They are made with lavender and chamomile, known for their calming properties. The treats have an irresistibly crunchy texture and a delicious chicken flavor that dogs love. The resealable bag ensures that the treats stay fresh and tasty for longer. Overall, these treats offer a convenient and enjoyable way to support a relaxed state in dogs.
#5 – Bonies Natural Calming Formula Dog Treats – Contains Chamomile & Lavender, Help Anxiety, Excessive Barking & Trembling, Chicken Flavor, Mini, 240 Bone
Bonies Natural Calming Formula Dog Treats are designed to help dogs with anxiety, excessive barking, trembling, and other symptoms caused by stressful situations. These treats contain chamomile and lavender, known for their calming properties. Additionally, the chew bones are formulated to promote healthy teeth and fresh breath, as they are hard enough to scrape and polish teeth. Made with all-natural ingredients, including brown rice and US chicken livers, these treats are easily digestible and provide a delicious chicken flavor that dogs love. Available in different sizes, Bonies can be given as part of a dog’s dental care routine or as a healthy treat.
#6 – Lavender Oil Dog Deodorizing Spray – Dog Spray for Smelly Dogs and Puppies and Dog Calming Spray with Lavender Essential Oil – Lightly Scented Dog Deodorizer for Smelly Dogs and Dog Essentials
The Lavender Oil Dog Deodorizing Spray is a pet grooming product designed to freshen up dogs and puppies with a subtle lavender scent. It can be used as a dog deodorizer to keep your home smelling fresh and as a pet deodorant spray to refresh your pup between washes. Additionally, the spray is infused with nourishing ingredients and is cruelty-free, making it a reliable choice for dog grooming and care.
#7 – Well Life Pet Calming Mist- Lavender – Relieve Dog Stress from Fireworks, Travel, Vet Visits, Separation Anxiety- Aromatherapy Anti-Anxiety Stress Reliever- 4 oz Spray
The Well Life Pet Calming Mist is a 4 oz spray infused with natural lavender for a calming aromatherapy experience that helps reduce dog anxiety and stress. It is suitable for use during thunderstorms, fireworks, visits to the vet, or daily separation anxiety. The spray not only soothes anxious dogs but also leaves their coat and bedding smelling fresh. It is formulated to help reduce stress and anxiety in pets, making it easier for them to relax and feel comfortable.
#8 – Gerrard Larriett – Aromatherapy Freshening and Shining Dog Perfume, Calming Dog Cologne with Oat, Pet Supplies for Skin Care and Odor Control, 8 fl oz (De-stress Lavender & Chamomile)
The Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Freshening and Shining Dog Perfume is a dog-safe essential oil spray that helps to calm anxiety in dogs without the use of heavy cologne or harsh chemicals. Vet-approved and recommended by pet parents, this spray soothes dogs and helps to calm barking and chewing. It also acts as a travel-size coat softener and detangler, leaving dogs with a soft and shiny coat. Made in the USA, the spray is crafted with skin-soothing ingredients like Lanolin, Vitamin E Oil, Oats, and Chamomile.
What Are The Benefits of Lavender Supplements, Treats, and Sprays for Dogs?
Lavender, known for its calming properties, can offer several benefits to dogs when used appropriately in the form of supplements, treats, and sprays:
- Anxiety and Stress Relief: One of the most recognized benefits of lavender is its calming effect. It can help alleviate symptoms of anxiety and stress in dogs, making it useful in situations that may cause nervousness, such as vet visits, car rides, thunderstorms, or fireworks.
- Promotes Sleep: The calming properties of lavender can also help to promote better sleep, making it beneficial for dogs that have trouble settling down at night.
- Skin Health: Some lavender-based products can support skin health. For example, lavender-infused sprays can help soothe minor skin irritations, insect bites, or cuts due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Odor Control: Lavender sprays can also serve as a natural deodorizer, helping to keep your dog and their environment smelling pleasant.
- Behavioral Training: The calming effect of lavender can aid in behavioral training, helping dogs to stay focused and responsive.
- Appetite Stimulation: Some studies suggest that lavender’s scent can stimulate the appetite in dogs, making lavender-infused treats a potential aid for picky eaters.
While lavender can provide these benefits, it’s crucial to use these products correctly. Too much lavender can be harmful to dogs, so always follow the product’s instructions and consult with your vet before adding any new supplement to your dog’s regimen. Remember that every dog is different, and what works well for one dog might not work as well for another.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lavender Supplements, Treats, and Sprays for Dogs
- Question: Can lavender supplements help my dog’s anxiety? Answer: Yes, lavender is known for its calming properties and can help reduce anxiety in dogs. It can be particularly helpful in stressful situations such as vet visits, thunderstorms, or car rides. Always consult your vet before introducing any new supplements to your dog’s regimen.
- Question: Are lavender sprays safe for my dog’s skin? Answer: Generally, lavender sprays are safe for dogs and can even help soothe minor skin irritations due to its anti-inflammatory properties. However, always do a patch test first and observe for any adverse reactions. Never spray directly on wounds, eyes, or mouth.
- Question: Can I use lavender to help my dog sleep better? Answer: Yes, the calming effect of lavender can help promote better sleep in dogs. Using a lavender-infused spray in your dog’s sleeping area or giving them a lavender-infused treat before bed can help them relax.
- Question: Are there any side effects of lavender supplements in dogs? Answer: While generally safe, some dogs might have an allergic reaction to lavender, resulting in skin irritation or gastrointestinal upset. Too much lavender can also be toxic to dogs, so it’s important to use these products according to their instructions and under your vet’s guidance.
- Question: Can lavender treats stimulate my dog’s appetite? Answer: Some studies suggest that the scent of lavender can stimulate a dog’s appetite, so lavender-infused treats might be beneficial for picky eaters. However, they should not replace a balanced diet.
- Question: Can I use human-grade lavender oil on my dog? Answer: It’s not recommended to use human-grade lavender oil on dogs as it’s highly concentrated and can be toxic if ingested or applied in large amounts. Always choose products specifically formulated for dogs.
- Question: Can lavender help with my dog’s bad odor? Answer: Yes, lavender sprays can serve as a natural deodorizer and can help keep your dog and their environment smelling fresh. However, it should not replace regular grooming and bathing.
- Question: Can lavender help with my dog’s training? Answer: While not a direct training aid, the calming effect of lavender can potentially help dogs stay focused and responsive during training sessions.
- Question: Are lavender products effective against fleas and ticks? Answer: Some people use lavender as a natural pest deterrent. However, it’s not a guaranteed or universally effective solution against fleas and ticks. Always consult your vet about appropriate flea and tick prevention.
- Question: Can all dogs use lavender products? Answer: While many dogs can benefit from lavender, it may not be suitable for all. Dogs with specific allergies or sensitivities might have an adverse reaction. Always consult your vet before introducing any new supplement, treat, or spray to your dog’s regimen.
Conclusion: Best Lavender Supplements, Treats & Sprays for Dogs
In conclusion, the use of lavender in supplements, treats, and sprays can offer a range of benefits for your dog, from soothing anxiety to promoting relaxation and aiding in sleep. However, it’s essential to remember that all dogs are unique, and what works for one might not work for another. It’s always a good idea to consult your vet before introducing any new supplements or products into your dog’s routine. Quality and safety should be paramount in your selection, ensuring you choose a product that offers the best for your four-legged friend. With the options provided in this article, we hope to assist you in finding the perfect lavender product to enhance your dog’s well-being.