iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
As a pet parent, your dog’s health and well-being are of paramount importance to you, and you’re likely always on the hunt for ways to enhance it. Resveratrol, a natural compound found in foods like grapes and berries, has garnered attention for its potential health benefits in dogs. This article will dive into the best resveratrol supplements for dogs on the market, explaining the benefits of each and helping you make an informed choice for your furry friend.
#1 – iHeartDogs Senior Super 7 Daily Dog Multivitamin – 7-in-1 Vitamin for Dogs Supports Anti-Aging with Antioxidants and Probiotics for Longevity and Cognitive Boost
The iHeartDogs Senior Super 7 Daily Dog Multivitamin is a 7-in-1 vitamin specifically designed for senior dogs. It supports anti-aging with antioxidants and probiotics, promoting longevity and cognitive function in older pups. Each purchase of this product also contributes to providing 14 healthy meals to shelter dogs. The multivitamin contains natural cognitive boosters such as GABA and serotonin to reduce stress, as well as antioxidants to regulate cellular metabolism and stress response for overall health. Additionally, ingredients like ashwagandha help improve memory and attention.
#2 – CurEase Resveradog: Dog 99% Tran Resveratrol Powder with Beef Liver, MSM & Chlorella
CurEase Resveradog is a dog supplement that contains a blend of nutrients, including Tran Resveratrol Powder, beef liver, MSM, and chlorella. It aims to enhance various aspects of canine health such as immune function, heart health, joint support, nervous system function, brain health, coat quality, and weight management. This sprinkle powder can be easily added to wet or dry food for convenient consumption by dogs. It is recommended for use before August 2024.
#3 – Resvantage Canine
Resvantage Canine + Canine Health is a supplement designed for dogs to support their overall health and well-being. It is formulated with a blend of natural ingredients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, to promote a strong immune system, joint health, and a healthy coat. This product aims to provide dogs with the nutrients they need for optimal health without the use of artificial additives or fillers.
#4 – VetVittles Reset NAD+ Booster for Dogs and Cats – Effective NR and Resveratrol Supplement for Healthy Aging, Cellular Repair, Increased Energy, and Metabolic Support- 60 Capsules
The VetVittles Reset NAD+ Booster for Dogs and Cats is a supplement designed to support healthy aging, cellular repair, increased energy, and metabolic support in pets. It contains Nicotinamide Riboside (NR), a direct precursor to NAD+, which has been scientifically shown to raise levels of NAD+ and support various cellular functions. The supplement also includes Resveratrol, which acts as an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. The formulation of the product is based on scientific research and undergoes a strict quality assurance process to ensure the highest quality ingredients.
# 5 – #1 Liquid Nutrition for Dogs – New – Spray Application Pure Glucosamine, Colostrum and Resveratrol – 95% Absorption
Pet Cell Worx is a liquid nutrition product for dogs that combines glucosamine, colostrum, and resveratrol in a spray application. It is designed to activate a dog’s natural stem cells, promoting rapid repair and recovery, and preventing health decline. The product claims to have clinically proven superior absorption, with 95% of nutrients being absorbed immediately into the dog’s bloodstream. It also states that it can boost the dog’s immune system, increase energy, relieve joint pain, and help reduce arthritis.
#6 – GoodGood Healthy Aging Dog Supplements; Supports Optimal Long-Term Health; Adult or Older Dog; Soft Chews with Astragalus, Turmeric, and Resveratrol; Probiotics; 90 Natural Flavor Chews
The GoodGood Healthy Aging Dog Supplement is a new product designed to support the long-term health of adult or older dogs. It contains astragalus, turmeric, resveratrol, and probiotics to promote optimal health and a strong immune system. Made in the USA with no artificial colors and only natural flavors, these soft chews are veterinarian-formulated and NASC certified. Each bag contains 90 calming soft chews, providing a 45-day supply for dogs weighing between 26-75 pounds.
What Are The Benefits of Resveratrol for Dogs?
Resveratrol is a powerful antioxidant that offers several potential health benefits for dogs.
- Anti-Aging Properties: Resveratrol has been associated with increased lifespan in certain organisms due to its anti-aging properties. Although more research is needed, these effects may also extend to dogs.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Resveratrol can help reduce inflammation, which is beneficial for dogs with chronic conditions like arthritis.
- Heart Health: It can help protect the heart and vascular system by reducing “bad” LDL cholesterol levels and preventing the formation of blood clots.
- Cancer Prevention: Some studies suggest that resveratrol might have anti-cancer properties. It can potentially inhibit the growth of cancer cells and stimulate cancer cell death.
- Supports Brain Health: Resveratrol may help maintain brain health by protecting against neurodegenerative diseases.
Remember, while these benefits are promising, more research is needed to fully understand how resveratrol affects dogs. It’s also important to note that you should always consult with your veterinarian before starting any new supplement regimen for your dog.
Frequently Asked Questions About Resveratrol Supplements for Dogs
- What is resveratrol and how does it benefit dogs? Resveratrol is a naturally occurring antioxidant found in grapes, berries, and peanuts. It has potential anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, heart-healthy, anti-cancer, and brain-protective effects, which can be beneficial for a dog’s overall health.
- Are there any side effects of giving resveratrol supplements to dogs? While resveratrol is generally safe for dogs, it might cause side effects like diarrhea, loss of appetite, or allergic reactions in some dogs. It’s always best to start with a small dose and monitor your dog’s reaction.
- How should resveratrol supplements be administered to dogs? Resveratrol supplements can be given orally, usually mixed with food. Always follow the recommended dosage on the product packaging or as advised by your veterinarian.
- Can all dogs take resveratrol supplements? Most dogs can benefit from resveratrol supplements. However, if your dog is pregnant, lactating, or has a chronic health condition, it’s best to consult with your vet before starting a new supplement regimen.
- Can I give my dog resveratrol if he’s on other medications? While resveratrol generally has few drug interactions, it’s best to consult with your vet if your dog is currently taking any other medication to avoid potential interactions.
- What should I look for when choosing a resveratrol supplement for my dog? Look for a reputable brand that guarantees quality and purity. The supplement should be free from fillers, artificial colors, and flavors. The dosage should be appropriate for dogs.
- Can I give my dog human resveratrol supplements? While the active ingredient might be the same, the dosage for humans and dogs can be very different. Always use supplements specifically designed for dogs to ensure the correct dosage and avoid any potential harmful additives.
- How long does it take to see the effects of resveratrol supplements in dogs? This can vary depending on the dog and the condition you’re trying to address. For general health benefits, you might start to see changes in a few weeks. For specific conditions, it could take longer.
- Can a dog overdose on resveratrol? While rare, an overdose is possible if a dog consumes a large amount. Symptoms might include vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. If you suspect an overdose, contact your vet immediately.
- Can I give my dog resveratrol as a preventative measure, even if he’s healthy? Yes, resveratrol can be used as a preventative supplement to support overall health. However, it’s always best to consult with your vet before starting any new supplement regimen.
Conclusion: Best Resveratrol Supplements for Dogs
Understanding the intricacies of canine nutrition can be overwhelming, but being well-informed about the supplements you give your dog can make a significant difference in their quality of life. While the resveratrol supplements mentioned in this article come highly recommended, remember that every dog is unique, and what works for one might not work for another. Always consult with your veterinarian before starting any new supplement regimen. With careful consideration and the right supplement, your dog can enjoy the potential health benefits of resveratrol.