iHeartDogs is reader-supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
When it comes to holistic health solutions for your furry friend, natural supplements often take the limelight for their minimal side effects and wide range of benefits. One such marvel of herbal medicine that has found its way into canine care is marshmallow root. Known for its soothing properties, marshmallow root can be a game-changer in tackling issues like digestive discomfort, skin irritations, and even respiratory problems in dogs. In this article, we delve into the top marshmallow root supplements for dogs that not only promise quality but also offer targeted relief for various ailments.
#1 – iHeartDogs Extra Strength Urinary, Bladder, & Kidney Support for Dogs – Cranberry, D-Mannose & Echinacea Helps Frequent UTIs, Strengthens Weak & Incontinent Bladder
The iHeartDogs Extra Strength Urinary, Bladder, & Kidney Support for Dogs is a product designed to help support the urinary system in dogs. It contains cranberry, D-Mannose, and echinacea, which are reported to help reduce urinary tract infections and strengthen weak bladders. The product also boosts the immune system to help dogs fight off harmful bacteria.
#2 – Cranberry Soft Chews for Dogs – Kidney, Bladder & Urinary Tract Wellness Supplement – with D Mannose & Organic Astragalus + Antioxidants – Immune System Support – Bacon Flavor – 80 Count
Zesty Paws’ Cranberry Soft Chews for Dogs are an immune system support supplement designed to promote kidney, bladder, and urinary tract wellness in pets. The chews contain 200mg of Cran-Max Cranberry concentrate, which is clinically proven to promote bladder and urinary health. They also include other ingredients such as D Mannose, Nettle Root, Marshmallow Root, and Astragalus to support bowel health and maintain normal kidney function. Zesty Paws prides itself on using high-quality ingredients in its products to ensure the overall health of your pet.
#3 – CHEWIA Allergy and Immune Dog Bites – Duck-Flavored Dog Treats – Supplements with Hemp Seed Oil, Quercetin, Turmeric, Marshmallow Root Extract
The CHEWIA Allergy and Immune Dog Bites are duck-flavored dog treats designed to support dogs with allergies and boost their immune system. These treats contain a vet-formulated formula that includes hemp seed oil, quercetin, turmeric, and marshmallow root extract. They are suitable for dogs of all sizes, from puppies to senior dogs, and are made with safe and natural ingredients.
#4 – POINTPET Vegan UT Support for Dogs – D-Mannose, Cranberry & Organic Marshmallow – Promotes Optimal Bladder Health & Optimal Urinary Tract Function – 90 Peanut Butter & Banana Flavored Soft Chews
POINTPET Vegan UT Support for Dogs is a soft chew supplement that is formulated with a simple vegan formula, containing no animal products. It is designed to promote optimal urinary tract health and function in dogs. The product helps maintain normal bladder and kidney function, including detoxification and comes in a tasty peanut butter and banana flavor that dogs find irresistible.
#5 – Pet Honesty Bladder Health Cranberry Supplement for Dogs – Kidney Support for Dogs, Dog UTI – Cranberry & D-Mannose to Help Support Dog Urinary Tract Health, Dog Urine & Dog Bladder Support (Chicken)
The Pet Honesty Bladder Health Cranberry Supplement for Dogs is a natural supplement designed to support urinary tract health and kidney function in dogs. It helps maintain balanced pH levels, supports normal bladder muscle function, and aids in kidney detoxification. Made with natural ingredients like Cranberry, D-Mannose, Marshmallow Root, and Echinacea, this product is formulated without artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors and is produced in a GMP-compliant facility in the USA.
What Are The Benefits of Marshmallow Roots for Dogs?
Marshmallow root is an herbal remedy that has been used for centuries to treat various health issues, and its benefits extend to dogs as well. Here are some of the key benefits of marshmallow root for dogs:
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Marshmallow root contains mucilage, which has soothing and anti-inflammatory effects. This can be particularly helpful in treating conditions like irritated or inflamed skin, as well as digestive inflammation.
- Digestive Health: The mucilaginous properties of marshmallow root can help soothe an irritated digestive tract. It may be beneficial for dogs with issues like indigestion, gastritis, or even IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease).
- Respiratory Support: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, marshmallow root can also offer respiratory relief. It can help in conditions like bronchitis or coughing by soothing irritated respiratory tracts.
- Urinary Health: Marshmallow root can also benefit the urinary tract by reducing inflammation and potentially decreasing the frequency of urinary infections.
- Wound Healing: The root is also known for its wound-healing properties. When applied topically, it can help soothe minor skin irritations and speed up healing.
- Immune Support: Some evidence suggests that marshmallow root has immune-boosting properties, which can help your dog fend off infections.
- General Wellness: The antioxidants present in marshmallow root can contribute to overall well-being by fighting off free radicals, which are harmful compounds that can damage cells.
As with any supplement or herbal remedy, it’s crucial to consult your veterinarian before incorporating marshmallow root into your dog’s healthcare regimen. This ensures that it’s appropriate for your dog’s specific health needs and won’t interact negatively with other medications or conditions.
What Should I Consider When Buying a Marshmallow Root Supplement for My Dog?
Conclusion: Best Marshmallow Root Supplements for Dogs
Navigating the world of natural supplements for your dog can be challenging, especially with so many options available. However, marshmallow root stands out for its multi-faceted health benefits and overall safety. We’ve compiled a list of the best marshmallow root supplements to make the selection process easier for you. Remember, while supplements offer numerous advantages, they should not replace veterinary care. Always consult your veterinarian before introducing any new supplement to your dog’s diet, and here’s to happier, healthier pups!